Anne of Green Gables Dvd - rerelease?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Linda_L, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Linda_L

Linda_L Auditioning

I have been trying to order Anne of Green Gables (Dvd) from North American DVD and they say they are on backorder and that they are being rereleased. They did not know when they would be avaibable. Does anyone know where I might find more info. on this? I need one for Christmas and wondered if they would be available in time. I also wondered what changes/additions were being made. I might just purchase the current release from someone who still has it if they changes are much. BTW, was this movie shot in widescreen? I didn't think it was but I just wondered. If it was this would be a change worth waiting for.

Thanks,

Linda

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

The original was rereleased some time ago AFAIK. The creators of the show and its sequels are Sullivan Entertainment. I know I've seen the "remastered" version of the second series in stores. Whether they are doing this a third time I can't say, but you may be able to email Sullivan for a definitive answer.
    These were full frame originally, shot for TV. I have the original DVD release which isn't that great looking.