What's new

Ann B. Davis (Brady Bunch) Passed Today 06/01/14 (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Wow. I saw the subject line before I came into this thread and feared she had passed. I loved her in everything she ever did. May she RIP. I will be watching an episode of The Brady Bunch in her honor tonight.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Saw it on Facebook as I was coming home. At least she lived a full life.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
And a great person in real life to boot. She will indeed be missed.

Gary "R.I.P. Ann" O.

Susan Nunes_329977

Second Unit
Real Name
Susan Nunes
I think she had a much better part in The Bob Cummings Show than she did with The Brady Bunch. It showcased her talents better. I was very sorry to hear about her passing.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I am not a Brady Bunch fan to the extent others are but admired Ms. Davis's work. Her earlier role with Bob Cummings is unfortunately forgotton today but gave her the recognition and star power that helped land her the role that made her a household name.

She also seemed to be a wonderful person in real life whose faith and decency are to be much admired. From what I've read her death was a tragic accident which is even sadder because she was still living a vibrant full life. I saw clips on You Tube recently of her as she was today and she was clearly loving life.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Did she do many movies? I think she's in the Doris Day/Rock Hudson movie 'Lover Come Back', if I'm not mistaken.

Susan Nunes_329977

Second Unit
Real Name
Susan Nunes
Her work in The Bob Cummings show shouldn't be forgotten, for she won two Emmy awards for her role as Schultzy.

Just because some cult has grown around The Brady Bunch doesn't mean it was all that as a sitcom.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
She was a two-time Emmy winner for THE BOB CUMMINGS SHOW (LOVE THAT BOB), in a much bigger role than she did on THE BRADY BUNCH. I always thought of her as Schultzy. She also replaced Carol Burnett in the musical ONCE UPON A MATTRESS.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I continue to love her work on The Brady Bunch, one of my all-time favorite shows. It's also a show my wife and children really enjoy. When I put an episode of that show on the other night after I heard the news, my kids were a bit surprised because we had been working our way steadily through another show. After one of the more memorable 'Alice' episodes concluded, I told them the news and what I have read with regard to how her death occurred.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Sad to hear what happened. She carried THE BRADY BUNCH, IMHO.

The re-watchability of THE BRADY BUNCH for me is high. I think my favorite Alice episode is the one where she thinks the kids don't like her anymore and she leaves.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Carabimero said:
Sad to hear what happened. She carried THE BRADY BUNCH, IMHO.

The re-watchability of THE BRADY BUNCH for me is high. I think my favorite Alice episode is the one where she thinks the kids don't like her anymore and she leaves.
Carabimero,And that just happens to be the episode (season four) that I watched in her honor last night. Good choice! :)

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I've seen Ann B. Davis in episodes of three different series tonight.Love That Bob: Bob gets Peter Lawford to judge a beauty contest.Wagon Train: The Countess Baranof Story (as Susan Foster)The Brady Bunch: Law and Disorder

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Apparently CNN put up a picture of her counterpart from the parody film The Brady Bunch Movie. Someone called that lady and said Don't look now! You're on CNN! or something like that. lol

Oh, HERE it is...

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-brady-bunch-movies-alice-pays-tribute-to-ann-b-87626972182.html

Like Russell Johnson, I was very very happy knowing these actors were still around. Loosing too many great ones lately. Davis seemed like a super person, like her character on BB. I know her jokes were often silly, but when she really had some meaningful lines on the show, usually a little sit down with one of the kids, she delivered them beautifully.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Radioman970 said:
Apparently CNN put up a picture of her counterpart from the parody film The Brady Bunch Movie. Someone called that lady and said Don't look now! You're on CNN! or something like that. lol

Oh, HERE it is...

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-brady-bunch-movies-alice-pays-tribute-to-ann-b-87626972182.html

Like Russell Johnson, I was very very happy knowing these actors were still around. Loosing too many great ones lately. Davis seemed like a super person, like her character on BB. I know her jokes were often silly, but when she really had some meaningful lines on the show, usually a little sit down with one of the kids, she delivered them beautifully.

You hit it on the head...one of my favorites is the locket episode with Jan. The "middle sister" bond was a great, but not overly done story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks