What's new

Anime Store in Memphis, TN? (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Hello, Memphians!

Someone told me recently about a really cool Anime store in Memphis. I think he said it was on Summer. I can't remember the name of the store, and I was wondering if anyone here knew of this store or another good anime store in Memphis. I realize that posting this question here is a long shot, but I thought I'd try. Anyone have any clue? Thanks!

Rob

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't buy any import stuff from domestic shops. 95% of them carry virtually exclusively bootlegs of their CDs and DVDs and way overprice any legit products. PM me and I'll steer you toward decently priced stuff that's legit

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
What Jeff said.

In any case, I don't know the store, I'm not into Anime, and I don't hang out anywhere near Summer Ave.

I have loads of co-workers who are into Anime and they haven't mentioned such a place...they all get their stuff online. If such a place exists it's a well-kept secret.

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Thanks for your responses, guys. I know it's cheaper to buy stuff online. I have a friend in town, and I just wanted to go check the place out. The guy who told me about it said it was really cool and had fairly good prices. I just can't remember the name of the store. Thanks again for your advice.

Rob

alpolite

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen Vu
The Anime store is Animax, 4435 Summer Ave, Memphis, TN 38122. 901-761-0612.

While i do agree with what Jeff says, Animax does not sell bootleg stuff. All DVDs are legit US licensed stuff and their prices compete and beat Best Buy and Amazon.com on most titles.

Unfortunately, the anime companies in general have a higher price point due to their limited release compared to Hollywood US titles so the general over-priced notion is misguided. Most of the current titles are now more in line with mainstream US titles and are very cheap like full season box sets for $25-40.

They have tons of merchandise too, it is the best anime store for the entire West TN/East Arkansas/North Mississippi area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks