Animatrix menus!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by PaulP, May 7, 2003.

1. PaulP

PaulP Producer

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

They actually aren't that great. None of the shorts is labeled, so you have to sit there and wait to have the little description bar go by. Also the opening animation is annoyingly long and unskippable

There is a "Play All" so be thankful there

3. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

I really like the look of the menus.

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Pardon me for a moment, but i've been wondering this for some time now and this seems to be a good place to ask, what are these short films and are they necessary to see in order to understand The Matrix Reloaded?

5. Brendan Brown

Brendan Brown Stunt Coordinator

Yes they are short films and presumably no they aren't required viewing in order to understand The Matrix Reloaded (although apparently The Final Flight of the Osiris does set in motion the antecedent events to the film)

However (in my opinion) they are very cool looking and informative additional stories set in the Matrix universe, check out four (of nine) shorts online at http://www.intothematrix.com/.

6. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

Just Osiris really.

Renaissance is the prequel to the Matrix story, but Osiris is a direct prequel to Reloaded; although you don't NEED to see it to understand the new movie.

If you see Osiris, and play the Matrix video game, it'll give you little glimpses of things that were happening at the same time as the movie. They aren't required, but they are little bonuses to the story.

7. Tom Oh

Tom Oh Second Unit

One of the Animatrix episode has a boy who is saved by Neo. This character appears in Reloaded with Neo making a comment on how he saved the kid. None of the animes is a must to understand the Reloaded, but 4 episodes help round out the Matrix story with Osiris and the boy episode having direct references in RELOADED.

Animatrix is an interesting collection of many different styles due to the different animators. Osiris is the best (only all CGI in the group) followed by the Peter Chung episode, which I cannot remember the title to. I just wished the episodes were longer. It left me hungry for more.

8. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

I've pre-ordered this, but should I hold off watching it until after I've seen Reloaded? I don't want any (major) spoilers.

9. Richard Waller

Richard Waller Second Unit

It doesn't come out until after Matrix Reloaded, so you should be fine.

Isn't Osiris going to play before the movie in theaters? Or did I just dream that up?

10. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

What is the release date on this? I thought it came out after Reloaded did.

11. earl_roberts

earl_roberts Stunt Coordinator

What is the correct language of these films?
    I thought it would be English but then kept wondering why it wouldn't be Japenese? Is it?

12. Richard Waller

Richard Waller Second Unit

It's getting released on June 3rd. As far as I know, they were originally created for the English language.

13. Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert Second Unit

Osiris played with Dreamcatcher, but I haven't heard anything about it preceding Reloaded.

The Animatrix DVD will be available with both English and Japanese language tracks - You can see so in the screen captures above. Also, japanese trailers were created for the Animatrix shorts.

14. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

English is the OSL.

15. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

June 3rd, English is the OSL. They used one of the better voice directors out there, Jack Fletcher, and about half the cast can act. Most of the bad ones are used in multiple shorts tho

I will say, the design on "World Record" is one of the ugliest I have ever seen in my life. While I found the concept intriguing, I'll never watch it again