What's new

Animatrix menus! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They actually aren't that great. None of the shorts is labeled, so you have to sit there and wait to have the little description bar go by. Also the opening animation is annoyingly long and unskippable

There is a "Play All" so be thankful there

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Pardon me for a moment, but i've been wondering this for some time now and this seems to be a good place to ask, what are these short films and are they necessary to see in order to understand The Matrix Reloaded?

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Yes they are short films and presumably no they aren't required viewing in order to understand The Matrix Reloaded (although apparently The Final Flight of the Osiris does set in motion the antecedent events to the film)

However (in my opinion) they are very cool looking and informative additional stories set in the Matrix universe, check out four (of nine) shorts online at http://www.intothematrix.com/.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Just Osiris really.

Renaissance is the prequel to the Matrix story, but Osiris is a direct prequel to Reloaded; although you don't NEED to see it to understand the new movie.

If you see Osiris, and play the Matrix video game, it'll give you little glimpses of things that were happening at the same time as the movie. They aren't required, but they are little bonuses to the story.

Tom Oh

Second Unit
One of the Animatrix episode has a boy who is saved by Neo. This character appears in Reloaded with Neo making a comment on how he saved the kid. None of the animes is a must to understand the Reloaded, but 4 episodes help round out the Matrix story with Osiris and the boy episode having direct references in RELOADED.

Animatrix is an interesting collection of many different styles due to the different animators. Osiris is the best (only all CGI in the group) followed by the Peter Chung episode, which I cannot remember the title to. I just wished the episodes were longer. It left me hungry for more.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I've pre-ordered this, but should I hold off watching it until after I've seen Reloaded? I don't want any (major) spoilers.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
It doesn't come out until after Matrix Reloaded, so you should be fine.

Isn't Osiris going to play before the movie in theaters? Or did I just dream that up?

earl_roberts

Stunt Coordinator
What is the correct language of these films?
I thought it would be English but then kept wondering why it wouldn't be Japenese? Is it?

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
Osiris played with Dreamcatcher, but I haven't heard anything about it preceding Reloaded.

The Animatrix DVD will be available with both English and Japanese language tracks - You can see so in the screen captures above. Also, japanese trailers were created for the Animatrix shorts.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
June 3rd, English is the OSL. They used one of the better voice directors out there, Jack Fletcher, and about half the cast can act. Most of the bad ones are used in multiple shorts tho

I will say, the design on "World Record" is one of the ugliest I have ever seen in my life. While I found the concept intriguing, I'll never watch it again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks