What's new

animated Tick on dvd? (1 Viewer)

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Actually, The Breadmaster was between the Human Ton and the Man-Eating Cow..

and I don't know where "The Mad Bomber" came from (brain glitch)...

Interesting catch on "Saul"... but "the Lava Men" are the villians in "Mole-Men".. so ...

yeah, inside sources would be nice about now...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i have the breadmaster ep and the uncommon cold ep on my tivo for along time now.
why woulduncommon cold be off?

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator
Rick P said:
Yeah, that's what I meant ... I basically started typing in any character I could think of from those two episodes plus either "Marvel" or "DC" into Google. [Yes, somedays I have a lot of time on my hands at work ...] Lava Men was a big hit. "Thrakkorzog", on the other hand...

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator
TonyD said:
i have the breadmaster ep and the uncommon cold ep on my tivo for along time now.
uncommon cold be off?
why would
No specific episode has been confirmed, but one of the first season episodes will be missing. As of now, any specific episode being tossed around is just a theory. But based on the cover art, the most likely theories seem to be 'Uncommon Cold' or 'Mole Men' because there are no images from those episodes anywhere on the front cover.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Could the pilot episode be the problem? Wasn't there originally another actor doing the voice of Arthur?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Could the pilot episode be the problem? Wasn't there originally another actor doing the voice of Arthur?
Unlikely. :)
Mickey Dolenz of The Monkees did Arthur's voice for the entire first season. Rob Paulsen of Animaniacs fame took over in the second.

Real Name
Matthew Burdette
I hate that Tick VS Mole Men episode. Disney is compensating us by including the pilot episodes of Darkwing Duck and Talespin on their respective sets.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Matthew Burdette said:
I hate that Tick VS Mole Men episode. Disney is compensating us by including the pilot episodes of Darkwing Duck and Talespin on their respective sets.
huh
whats that have to do with the tick set

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
I don't remember that molemen one, so I can live without it happily.
It would still be nice to know if this was getting a UK release, though.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Just got this, and although the episodes look awful (lots of dot crawl, the ever-changing colour of Tick's costume, and some deinterlacing issues) I guess I couldn't really have expected any more. It's great to have The Tick on DVD finally.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Darn, Gord's site says that one of the best season two episodes will be missing from the season two set - the episode where The Tick is stuck in space on a large floating creature who intends to eat the earth. This story is a parody of a Silver Surfer comic book or something -- though the concept of a "destroyer of worlds", usually a giant God, is older than comic books so I don't see what the problem is. Even if it weren't protected as parody, which it is, the Silver Surfer story wasn't original anyway. This sucks.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Well, it has "Fantastic Four"-related elements and that was one of the many speculations as to why the previous episode was omitted (Mole Man is a F4 villain) so I this pretty much confirms that someone with the rights to "Fantastic Four" whether it's Marvel or Fox (who owns the film rights) but it's pretty much a sure thing by now.
I believe there's some bad blood between Disney and Marvel. Disney acquired a bunch of Marvel animated stuff when they bought Fox Family which included the Saban library (this is how they got "The Tick") and I'm pretty sure Marvel has unsuccessfully tried to reclaim some of the Marvel stuff that's included in those rights. They may just be giving Disney a hard time as a result.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
If The Tick were taken to a judge, there's no way that The Tick would lose. They must simply not even want to pay their own legal department to prove that this story is fine.
That's two episodes I need in higher quality, now.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
htf_imgcache_8219.jpeg

been a long time since i have seen the ep but one character is a near exact copy of Galactus called Omnipotus
htf_imgcache_8220.jpeg

Omnipotus
Devourer of Worlds Omnipotus is a huge man who floats through space eating planets. He encounters The Tick in Alone Together after Tick is blown off the moon, and he makes a deal to take Tick back to Earth for some "services". Much to the dismay of The Tick, those services turned out to be mainly hygeine; as he had Tick rub his feet, pluck his eyebrows, and pull a planet out of his ear.
Once they reached the Earth, Omnipotus began eating it and was only stopped when The Tick illustrated the many splendors that Earth had to offer (Look! Bowling Trophy!)
Omnipotus is also responsible for the big bite-mark on the Moon seen for the second half of the TV series.
Appearances: Alone Together

also, isnt this the ep the tick says, "earth, thats were i keep all my stuff!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks