Animated film with the most Oscar-winning actors as voices?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Colin Jacobson, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

I just watched Shark Tale, which uses three Oscar-winning actors as voices: De Niro, Angelina Jolie, and Renee Zellweger. That got me to wondering: are there any other full-length animated movies with three or more Oscar-winning actors in their casts?

2. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

Antz had Gene Hackman (five noms, 2 wins), Woody Allen (15 noms, 1 screenplay and 1 directing win), Anne Bancroft (5 noms, 1 win), Paul Mazursky (4 noms), Sharon Stone (1 nom), Dan Aykroyd (1 nom), Sylvester Stallone (2 noms), and Christopher Walken (2 noms, 1 win).

So that's Hackman, Allen, Bancroft, and Walken, although Woody's awards weren't for acting.

Brad

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Good list. Just going by acting awards, though, it remains a tie. Actually, it's even a tie in the number of acting Oscars, as the three winners tally four total among them. Antz does generate the better pedigree overall, though, and if we give more weight to Best Lead Oscars over Best Supporting, it wins 2/2 to 1/3...

4. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

The soon to be released Robots has Halle Berry (1 nom, 1 win), Greg Kinnear (1 nom), Mel Brooks (3 noms, 1 writing win), Robin Williams (4 noms, 1 win), Dianne Wiest (3 noms, 2 wins), and Jim Broadbent (1 nom, 1 win).

That's five acting wins for Berry, Williams, Wiest, and Broadbent and one writing win for Brooks. Plus it's got Ewan McGregor, Paul Giamatti, and Stanley Tucci - all of whom have probably deserved a nomination for something.

So now, by your standards, the number to beat is 4 Oscar-winning actors. [​IMG]

Brad

5. Mike Brogan

Mike Brogan Second Unit

Not really an animated film in the traditional sense, but but I guess the aforementioned; Antz, Shark Tale, and Robots aren't quite traditonal either.

Sky Captain: And the World of Tomorrow: Gwyneth Paltrow 1 win. Angelina Jolie 1 win. Laurence Olivier 10 noms, 1 win and 1 honorary. Jude Law 2 nominations.

Others I looked up:

Lion King: Jeremy Irons 1 win. Whoopi Goldberg 1 win, 1 nom. James Earl Jones 1 nom.

Prince of Egypt: Ralph Fiennes 2 noms. Michelle Pfeiffer 3 noms. Jeff Goldblum 1 nom. And helen Mirren 2 noms.

Road to El Dorado: Kevin Kline 1 win. Kenneth Branagh 3 noms. Rosie Perez 1 nom. Edward James Olmos 1 nom. Elton John 1 win 1 nom.