What's new

Animal House in theaters this week. (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
My wife and I saw Animal House at local theater last night and enjoyed it quite a bit . I have the film on blu-ray , but I had to go see it again on a big screen with a crowd of people .The audience was small- around 20 ticket buyers -but they were enthusiastic. The film is now 38 years old , and may have lost some of it's cutting edge appeal, or maybe it's too politically incorrect for audiences these days . I don't know ,but I was expecting a bigger crowd . I wouldn't be surprised to see the film remade in such a way that makes the original look tame , like the recent National lampoon vacation reboot .

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Other than big draws like Jaws or Psycho, 20 people is actually pretty good for those Fathom events in my experience. I saw Dracula double feature with probably half a dozen people.

"Seven years of college down the drain!"

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I saw the movie originally in a regular commercial theater. When I went to college, because the Mens' Inter-Hall Council had a lot of money, they would sponsor free movies on Sunday Night in the Student Union building which had a theater with a projection booth and two projectors.

When the company that ran the dining halls got wind (OK MIHC published a schedule) that MIHC was going to run Animal House they did everything in their power to try and stop the film -- including offering to pay the rental for the film. This was all because of two words :
Food Fight!

Finally when the film was run (the two words in question come at a reel change). The projector was dimmed out and the new reel was begun without out the words being uttered on film (the audience was kind enough to provide that) I looked up into the projection booth and saw one of the managers of one of the dining halls counting out bills to the projector operator ...

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I saw the movie originally in a regular commercial theater. When I went to college, because the Mens' Inter-Hall Council had a lot of money, they would sponsor free movies on Sunday Night in the Student Union building which had a theater with a projection booth and two projectors.

When the company that ran the dining halls got wind (OK MIHC published a schedule) that MIHC was going to run Animal House they did everything in their power to try and stop the film -- including offering to pay the rental for the film. This was all because of two words :
Food Fight!

Finally when the film was run (the two words in question come at a reel change). The projector was dimmed out and the new reel was begun without out the words being uttered on film (the audience was kind enough to provide that) I looked up into the projection booth and saw one of the managers of one of the dining halls counting out bills to the projector operator ...
Interesting story. Were those two words uttered by a large group of cast members at the same time during the hearing , or the ones said by the "devil" ?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Interesting story. Were those two words uttered by a large group of cast members at the same time during the hearing , or the ones said by the "devil" ?
It's a scene in the dining hall and it's just the two words uttered by "Future Sentator" Blutarsky
animal-house-1978-movie-promo-pinback-button-john-belushi-u-s-senator-blutarsky-7c8c215017e8ee4534ac0946ba6c45c5.jpg

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks