What's new

Animal Crossing (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Rob, since you've played it. What is the 'game' part of it? What are the goals?
The goal in the first part of the game is to get enough "bells" (money) to pay off your mortgage. You can also buy cool stuff in the shop with bells (like a shovel... which I have been digging up money/fossils with). It is a really cool game, but I am not going to play much more with it as you cannot transfer the save file to another memory card (AKA: The one that comes with the game).
:D

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
It's going to work for other kinds of people, say.. maybe people who liked The Sims and other such games that allow you to craft your own pace and focus on the moment to moment. The online aspect would have made the concept more digestible, I agree, but as it stands, at least Animal Crossing is an anomalous game that doesn't resemble the thousands of lookalike games flooding the market right now? Why not focus our energies decrying 'for a buck' movie license games, or shoddy ports, something?
This game reminds me of the Harvest Moon series, a farming sim that passed almost entirely under the radar. I can understand why we gamers might have a short attention span for such fare, but let's face it -- not all games involve ham-fisted, badass, Jack Slade and Master Chief milieus. Let's be thankful games like Animal Crossing are in development and see it as an encouraging anomaly in an industry rutted with crappy, unoriginal games. Let's appreciate this, even if we're too cool and savvy for it ourselves. :)
~j

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I also want this very much. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure we'll have a large HTF AC community here (the thread will rival the Buffytastic one) with lots of trades, since I am also in the boat of having no GameCure friends. Or friends at all.

jeremy

Yoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I've been playing it this week, and it's been a present surprise. Unless you're idea of videogaming is strictly "running around hallways shooting at everything that moves", give this a try. Especially if you have friends who're also going to buy the game, you can visit each other's town and you can do lots of fun stuffs and have a blast.
It almost feels like a network game without actually being a network game. The character design bothered me when I looked at the screen shots on the web, but since I started to play the game, it became none-issue.
IMHO, it's more innovative Nintendo game than Pikmin was last year and much much more fun to play. Another thing that I liked was I don't have to play it hours every day; I got a day job. ;) I play it for about an hour or two each day and save any time looking forward to the next day what surprise would come.

Yoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
BTW the game is all about collecting stuffs (fruits, fishes, fossils, furnitures, bugs ...) Once you pay off your first home, you'll want bigger better house which will cost your blood. If your friend shows you that he's got a rare item in his house (not to mention, a NES game that you don't have), you'll do everything you can do to get it. There is nothing like having a money tree growing in your backyard.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I am going to give this thread a nudge up because the game is going to be in stores tomorrow.
Is anyone else excited? I am leaving early tomorrow morning to get my preorder at EB... I haven't been this pumped for a game in a while :)
Looking forward to trading with some of you people :D

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait to buy mine. I've been harrassing every vendor I can find to see if I can get an early release.

Shall we start a new thread RE: trading, or will this be the trading thread as well?

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
i guess AC comes out tuesday in best buy, but circuit city (here, at least) has a knack for releasing the game a day early..i'm going to check CC later on today!

-ELMO

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I've got mine pre-ordered from Gamespot.com with overnight shipping, so I hope to have it arrive at my home tomorrow. For once, this is a game that has my wife as excited as me!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I saw a cool commercial for AC last night. It had characters from the game (I'm guessing that they were what you can make your character look like) and they were in a Real World type TV show.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dave, I sorely needed the laugh I just got from your reply :p).

Ahh, soon this will be mine...

John Bryant

Second Unit
Doesn't the game ship tomorrow? Meaning it will most likely be in stores Wednesday? I know BB is getting it Wednesday. I will be there with bells on to pick it up, along with Super Mario Sunshine. Couple those 2 with Madden 2003 today, and SOCOM and Harmony of Dissonance later in the week, and I will be a very busy boy.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
It shipped from EB today, meaning it should be in EB stores (and places like Gamestop) tomorrow.

Places like Best Buy, it's a crapshoot as to when they'll have it.

Me, I've been playing my rental copy for a week, but will be glad to have my very own in-hand tomorrow.

James Slade

Second Unit
EB guy told me they would have it today (Tuesday). I willbe going to the mall in an hour to find out! I will report back.

James Slade

Second Unit
I just played for about an hour. I finished what I guess is the intro to the game and a bit more. It is okay, so far so good. Should improve when others in the house get a chance to come to my town.

Please share you experience and views.

I am looking forward to getting as interactive as I can with this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks