Animal Crossing

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Illingworth, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I've just starting reading up on this game and I want it more and more every day. I'm not sure what its about (sort of an open ended RPG?) but I have to have it. And the Game Boy Advance connectivity well used. I don't know if I'll get the E Card reader though. My NES still works so I don't need the NES games, but I'll take them. Probably to the coin up laundry. This looks like the most innovative game to come along in a long time. I just wish I had a friend, especially one with a GameCube, although it looks like remote trading will allow me trade items with people over the internet. I see a very large Animal Crossing thread developing.

jeremy

2. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

At first I had no interest in this game, but the more I hear the more I want it. The latest issue of EGM gives this 9/9/9.5 (for comparison they gave Mario Sunshine 9.5/9.5/9.5). They note that it has a "novel Hello Kitty-meets-The Sims concept." :lol: Should be interesting...and something my wife can enjoy too!

3. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Wow, good scores for those two games. I'll have to read up a little more on Animal Crossing before I take the plunge. I got bored with The Sims very quickly and I'd hate to waste the money. Looks like a cool concept though...

5. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I've been itching for Animal Crossing since it was announced for the Nintendo 64. One of my longer waits for a game. I'm definitely buying it.

I've seen Babbages quote the E-Card reader at $45. I think this is high, though I haven't seen it elsewhere. I've also not seen an E-card pack announcement.

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I have a strong suspicion that Animal Crossing is going to be the 'suprise hit' this Autumn.

7. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

BrianB,

I agree...I plan to pick up Animal Crossing very soon.

8. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

Planetgamecube put up a little blurb on the e-reader today. Looks like the MSRP is 39.95.

9. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

I KNOW I'm picking this up. Donkey Kong original? Oh hell yes! I played that to death on my old ColecoVision back in the day. My girlfriend has expressed interest as well, and frankly the few times I can get her interested in gaming are rare, so this is a definite.
    I think the concept looks rather neat anyway, more of a Sims feeling than I got with the Sims [​IMG]

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Nintendo had a thing on their website where they were looking for beta testers of this game. They got the beta game, a memory card, and a free copy of the regular game when the beta testing was done. Also, you had to sign up in pairs with a friend.