What's new

Animal Crossing (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I've just starting reading up on this game and I want it more and more every day. I'm not sure what its about (sort of an open ended RPG?) but I have to have it. And the Game Boy Advance connectivity well used. I don't know if I'll get the E Card reader though. My NES still works so I don't need the NES games, but I'll take them. Probably to the coin up laundry. This looks like the most innovative game to come along in a long time. I just wish I had a friend, especially one with a GameCube, although it looks like remote trading will allow me trade items with people over the internet. I see a very large Animal Crossing thread developing.

jeremy

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
At first I had no interest in this game, but the more I hear the more I want it. The latest issue of EGM gives this 9/9/9.5 (for comparison they gave Mario Sunshine 9.5/9.5/9.5). They note that it has a "novel Hello Kitty-meets-The Sims concept." :lol: Should be interesting...and something my wife can enjoy too!

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
They note that it has a "novel Hello Kitty-meets-The Sims concept."
That's how I've heard it described as well. :) After seeing it in action on "Extended Play" this last week (and there are still a few more airings today before the new one airs at 8pm CT), I'm definitely interested. I don't know if I'll be able to play it in front of my guy friends, though... :laugh:

Andre F

Screenwriter
Wow, good scores for those two games. I'll have to read up a little more on Animal Crossing before I take the plunge. I got bored with The Sims very quickly and I'd hate to waste the money. Looks like a cool concept though...

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I've been itching for Animal Crossing since it was announced for the Nintendo 64. One of my longer waits for a game. I'm definitely buying it.

I've seen Babbages quote the E-Card reader at $45. I think this is high, though I haven't seen it elsewhere. I've also not seen an E-card pack announcement.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I have a strong suspicion that Animal Crossing is going to be the 'suprise hit' this Autumn.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I KNOW I'm picking this up. Donkey Kong original? Oh hell yes! I played that to death on my old ColecoVision back in the day. My girlfriend has expressed interest as well, and frankly the few times I can get her interested in gaming are rare, so this is a definite.
I think the concept looks rather neat anyway, more of a Sims feeling than I got with the Sims :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Nintendo had a thing on their website where they were looking for beta testers of this game. They got the beta game, a memory card, and a free copy of the regular game when the beta testing was done. Also, you had to sign up in pairs with a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks