Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
1591937565573.png

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
On your island, there are a total of six rocks. You can bash your rocks with a shovel each day to earn resources, up to 8 items if you are very efficient. If you eat a fruit first, the rock breaks when you hit it with your shovel and the next day it will respawn at a new location on your island. Someone on reddit figured out that by placing things around your island, you can control where the rocks respawn. Sam posted a video some posts back that showed someone doing this with mannequins. I tried this but was unable to create the correct grid spacing to force the rocks to where I wanted them so I finally gave up on the rocks and just bricked over my whole island except for where I wanted my rocks to land. That worked, with the result I showed in post 23. Afterwards I went back and cleaned up the bricks.

What method are you using to block the rocks Sam?

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
How is your museum filling up?

I have almost finished the fossils, missing only the Megacerops head.

45 out of 80 on the bugs. 56 out of 80 on the fish.

I have seen 3 bugs that I haven’t managed to catch yet, the scorpion, the tarantula and a beetle that hangs out on trees (not the drone or Goliath beetles).

I know I said no more time travel but I am tempted to go back to March and see if there were any bugs or fish that I missed, since we didn’t start playing until April.

Only 6 of 43 items in the art museum, assuming there is one item per placard. I need Redd to come more often. He hasn’t visited in the last two weeks, although I might have messed up his schedule with my earlier time traveling.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks. Games that demand regular, scheduled, routine gaming aren't a great fit for me. But I'm kinda fascinated by the gameplay and stuff people who play post about it. :)

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
I built my rock garden. Took a LOT more than 3 hours.

Congratulations on getting your first rock In place. I see you used the mannequins. I wasted a lot of time with the mannequins. It was about 3 hours to lay down my first set, but then I spent the next week plugging holes and still didn’t get a rock to land where I wanted.

Much more efficient paving. After getting to the terraforming menu, it is only a single button click per square, as opposed to navigating through the menu for every mannequin.

It did take me longer to clean up because I ended up keeping many paths and selectively retaining some of the squares in the patterns I wanted took longer. Plus all of the rounded corners (whether desired or not).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
LMAO while hosting people for Celeste someone just gave me a Million Bell crown as an anonymous gift wrapped as a present. I never even saw who it was when they dropped it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks