Ani DiFranco: Trust

Discussion in 'Music' started by Robert Burkes, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

I've recently been introduced to Ani DiFranco, and I've fallen in love with her music. The only CD I currently own is Living in Clip, but I'm thinking about picking up her Trust DVD. Does anyone here have this disc, and could you provide some comments on it? Just wondering if it's a good performance and how's the audio and video. Also...any suggestions on my next CD purchase? Thanks!
    Rob

2. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

You HAVE to pick up Dilate. By far her best CD. Then pick up Not A Pretty Girl. I just recently found a site with a live concert of hers & great quality.

Tell me what you think of those when you get them.

3. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    So Much Shouting, So Much Laughter is a great 2 CD live set. Ani is really fantastic in front of an audience. Highly recommended.

4. Zane Charron

Zane Charron Second Unit

Generally speaking, Out of Range, Not a Pretty Girl and Dilate are considered her best albums. Her first 5 albums are much more "acoustic folk" based, though still excellent. Little Plastic Castles is also an excellent album. Up Up Up Up Up Up and To the Teeth are more experimental and, quite frankly, political, which kinda drives me away. Her more recent albums have been more hit-and-miss/experimental, though I like Revelling/Reckoning quite a bit. Her couple of double live albums are great as well.

I'd say get Out of Range, Not a Pretty Girl and Dilate and then go from there.