1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Angry Nintendo Nerd

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Walter C, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    Has anyone checked out some guy known as the Angry Nintendo Nerd, either on Screwattack or Youtube? Definitely worth seeing if you grew up playing games on the original NES.

His videos are hilarious, especially the rant at the end of the TMNT video. And I agree with some of his reviews, like with Karate Kid and Top Gun.

Here is his web site...

http://www.cinemassacre.com/Movies/Nes_Nerd.html

2. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

I am a big fan of Angry Nintendo Nerd's reviews on crappy NES games (and there are a lot of crappy NES games).

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Aside from the ceaseless vulgarity, I see way too much of myself in this guy.

4. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    i agree completely with his assessment of TMNT and Karate Kid and Back to the Future.

Roger Rabbit was a ridiculout game, my older brother used to mock me ruthlessly because I couldn't drive the damn cab. But I was the one that figured out how to do everything in the game (except beat judge doom, I could never get the bitch and the rabbit off the damn hook in the first place).

Oh TMNT is probably my all time most disliked game (can't include games like Friday the 13th, and uncle Fester that are actually unplayable), almost completely impossible and I never got past the third stage maze level despite probably playing it twenty or thirty hours (at least).

Can't wait until he does Boy and His Blob. What a shit pickle.

5. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Billy
  6. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter

Like screaming at the TV, and throwing the controllers at the TV or the floor. I did find myself cursing at Goombas and Wizzrobes, and those annoying Medusa heads in Castlevania. [​IMG]

I could never land that plane on Top Gun, or connect to the refueling plane. I had a friend who was successful in both cases, but I kept crashing every time.

7. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Matt Stone

OH MAN! That brings back the memories. My uncle bought me that game, and I curse him to this day! I finally kinda got the knack of landing (like maybe 50%), but I was NEVER able to connect with te refueling plane. Never! Man...now I need to go home and drink [​IMG]

8. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

Yeah. Sadly, not too long ago, either. I remember playing Metroid Prime and getting beaten by the last boss right before I was about to kill her. I think at that point, you had to go back a ways into the level, and I don't think you were automatically put back to maximum health and energy. Whatever the case, I remember bending the controller (I would always bend rather than throw, though fortunately I never bent it so much that it broke) and saying, "Well, that's just fucking PERFECT! You mother. . . . " etc.

9. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

After awhile I was able to land the plane on the carrier and refuel in air. I don't think I ever beat the game though.

10. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter

That was the worst game that I ever owned. After walking from one end to another, I had no idea what to do next, or where to go. The only thing that I remember is that one jelly bean makes the blob turn into a trampoline.

I finally got around to seeing the Power Glove video. I've used it only once, and it does suck ass!

"Aw you fucking fishmen! Oh good luck, I'm going to fall in the water and die! Fuck!"

11. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

Days of Thunder, oh man....bad bad bad

12. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

I agree with TMNT, I love close to the end when he is trying to make that jump for about 50 tries in a row and then "you mean you can just walk across it?" I actually sat here and laughed my ass of at that. Memories.

13. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    I think its pretty funny.... but the phrase "sh*t load of f**k" really starts to lose its humor after the seventh time.

14. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    ditto I think the only reason I ever made it was that I tried to jump 'after' I left the ledge and by that time you're on the other side. hated that 'jump' ... sadistic programmers. I tried replaying this on my brother's NES in July, froze on me in the middle of the water maze. I remember how hard that was though.

15. Phil_O

Phil_O Stunt Coordinator

Boy and His Blob....arggghhhh! What a stupid game, how about Monster Party!!

16. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    We owned Monster Party, despite being insanely hard and nigh impossible it was pretty fun too. That was a game where the Game Genie really brought out the game's potential. [​IMG] the hit detection was shit iirc.

17. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    Games based on movies just really suck. And I would have to say most superhero games as well.

I remember playing the Spiderman game on the SNES, and how lame it is that the ladies knock Spiderman back with their hair.

Oh, and he was right about the Street Fighter II series. Looking back, I can't believe how many times they upgraded the same game, although I have to admit, Super Street Fighter II is one of my favorite games of all-time.

18. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Neil

Especially when most of his comments are the same ones I Had as a kid... Re:the original Rare TMNT game..

Why DID they put that pizza in the level 4 room so far in the corner where no sane player would bother to beat the spikes to try and get it? [​IMG]

Oh, and anyone remember Back To The Future Two, AND Three? Two crappy games in one, and I don't even know if they where beatable! IT was the new ET, heh.

19. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    Wow, just saw his video on the latest TMNT movie, and he was surprisily calm and didn't curse at all.

But then he went back to his old ways with the 3rd Ghostbusters review!

20. bobbyg2

bobbyg2 Supporting Actor

Bobby Geiser
    Was ET an NES game? I don't remember... Well, THAT, was a crappy game...