What's new

Angel season 4 DVD set (CONSOLIDATED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Seeing as he's the most popular non-headliner in the Buffy-verse, I am pretty sure we'll see Angel/Spike on the S5 cover. Plus putting Illyria on the cover is a HUUUUGE spoiler (far bigger than Dark Willow, IMHO)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
For Angel Season Five? I think of a mostly yellow/white/orange type of color, just in comparison to the sets used, and that they were mostly this color.

For season 4, I think of a dark look, maybe a light purple, almost like the season 4 cover of Buffy ended up.

Season 3 I'd go with a reddish color, season 2 would be kind of a light blue, and season 1 I'd make a brownish/orange type of color.

If I ruled the world of course...

John Milton

Second Unit
Looking forward to Season 4 and glad to hear it's finally got a release date. I've only seen this show by way of DVD so it's all new to me. :) Wonder how long till Season 5 and the final season of Buffy.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The packing of season 6 indicates and October release for season 7 of Buffy, and Angel's schedule suggests mid February for season 5. Season 1/3 both came out around then, and 2/4 have had September releases. :) Fox is pretty consistant.

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
Angel Season 1: Red
Angel Season 2: Blue
Angel Season 3: Green/Yellow
Angel Season 4: Dark Red, Dark Orange
Angel Season 5: Black/Grey

That's what I think of when I think of each Season.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

Aside from Seasons 1 and 2 being switched, that's how the coloring scheme has been for the R2 sets. We'll see next year what the Season 5 set looks like.

Marcee

Agent
I am glad I won't have to wait much longer for Season 4 in Region 1. I have R2 sets for 1-3, but I just couldn't see paying about $100 US for a R2 set. That's twice as much... even for better cover art and packaging, I'm going to wait for the lowr price. Unless, maybe, the R2 price goes down at some point.

Kyle**S

Stunt Coordinator
So, how badly have the "Previouslies" been chopped off for this set? Did they cut anything out of the actual episodes (as far as anyone can tell)? I read a review saying the missing Previouslies caused the episodes to start abruptly and in the middle of musical cues, but I kinda wanted to see more details and thoughts on this. Nothing else was changed for the set, right?

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I haven't got mine yet. It should be here around monday or tuesday. Did they use the skyline background for disc art again, with quotes from the episodes?

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I got mine on Tuesday.... but I haven't put in any discs yet. I was in the middle of an Angel Marathon when it arrived. Right now I am on season 3 disc 2. So should be watching season 4 sometime this weekend... as for the disc art... They did use a skyline and quotes... this time in a darker greenish tint to it... so looks to be an after dark skyline.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
The intro to "Habeas Corpses" is sort of messed up... the teaser only lasts about ten seconds before the credits play

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
I hate when studios do this crap grr. I will own all 7 seasons of buffy and all 5 of Angel but the way they screw with them arg!

Joshua_W

Second Unit

I think so.

But the way this season was designed, a lot of the episodes pick up immediately after the episode that preceded it, with the "Previously" segment leading directly into the episode from where it left off. So a lot of the episodes just tend to start "cold."

I just checked "Orpheus," and that one doesn't seem to be missing any footage, though it does pick up -- literally -- at the exact second "Release" ended, and the proceeds to go into a flashback to events from "Release." So I was a bit concerned that they might screw that one up somehow. (On at least two eps from seasons two and three, they've actually removed parts of the teaser when they were really close to the "Previously on Angel...")

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thus far, knowing what I know, it's been interesting re-watching the episodes concerning Cordelia.

Patrick R

Grip
I just picked up my set Tuesday and I think I've noticed a small glitch in the 4th episode on Disc 1 called "Slouching Toward Bethlehem". I noticed there is a funny stuttering effect that lasts for about half a second at approximately one minute into the episode. It occurs right after the vampire says, "I vote jump." and throws a guy against a Jeep Cherokee. It occurs when the guy is being thrown. I've tested the disc on several players and they all show the same. I don't know if this is a bad disc, bad encoding, or an intentional effect since the show does some funny things with the camera work.

Can anyone else tell me if their disc does this, so I know whether or not to take the set back and exchange it?

So far, I'm really enjoying the show. I actually like it slightly better than Buffy. I just wish Buffy Season 7 would include the unaired Pilot episode and that all of the Angel and Buffy episodes had the previously on... tags in tact.

Thanks.

Patrick

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick,

I just checked the episode you asked from my R2 set and it's got the same stuttering (there are more instances like this on Angel S4 and even seasons 2 & 3, if I remember correctly). So it seems to be either dvd-mastering error or something that has been there always... don't really know since I haven't watched this show from tv.

But man! This season of Angel is unbelievable! One of the best seasons of tv ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks