What's new

Angel: Season 1 - Who's gonna have the best price? (1 Viewer)

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Generally, B&M stores have the best prices for high profile titles, but online stores have the best prices for multi-disc TV sets. Where's Angel gonna fall into all this?

I've never seen an episode of Angel because Richmond doesn't have a WB affiliate, but my family are all big Buffy fans ("All Hail, Joss Whedon") and are looking to get into this sight unseen. This thing is released 2/11/03.

MSRP: $59.98, DDD price $43.91. Will I be able to beat that?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Unfortunately Angel is not the high profile series that Buffy is so I wouldn't be surprised if there are only a few B&Ms that carry it. My guess would be that the DDD price is going to be hard to beat. I just really can not see it selling for less than $40 at BB or CC.

Chris S.

PS- If you are a big Buffy fan be sure to check out Firefly, another great Whedon show, on Fridays on Fox.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately Angel is not the high profile series that Buffy is so I wouldn't be surprised if there are only a few B&Ms that carry it
Believe you me it'll do almost as well as Buffy. I fully expect $39.99 at Best Buy. A total and complete steal. you might save a few bucks at Amazon.ca, but honestly, it's going to come down to whether it's worth a week of waiting to save $3

Chuck Parker

Agent
First week prices are likely to be low at most B&Ms, though I surprisingly found the Buffy 1 and 2 prices best at Wal-Mart.

and Nathan, Angel airs in the Richmond market on NBC12 2:30am on Thursdays (Wednesday overnights), so fire up your VCR or Tivo!

-chuck

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Now that we are closer to the release date, has anyone heard anything about the best prices? Online or otherwise?

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well up until today you could have ordered at FYE.com for about $33 shipped.

They have a 20% savings coupon and free shipping on orders over $49.

I managed to get in before the coupon appeared to stop working. Keep checking though as the coupon stopped working before but then came back so who knows.

FYI for fans of Friends --- you could have gotten Season 3 for about $26 shipped on this same deal as well.

Hopefully it will come back to life.

Greg

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I found a 15% coupon on dvdtalk.com forum (search for fye & coupon). The 20% didn't work for me. I got Angel and Six Feet Under. Free shipping but I had to pay tax for Illinois.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The warehouse clubs will probably have the lowest prices for B&M's. Costco has had Buffy S2 and S3 for $39.99 each, and just today I picked up Buffy S3 at BJ's for $38.99 (and tax-free too :) ).
Sam's Club is listing Angel S1 for about $41.75, but I'd expect Costco to knock it under $40.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The best price I found for Buffy was at DVD Soon, but they don't have Angel listed yet. It's Canadian, but Fox releases are identical in the US and Canada.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Well according to the Weekly Roundup only one B&M has Angel at the below $40 price point. Costco for $39.99, however BB & CC have it for only $5 more. Still not a bad price.

Chris S.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Wal-Mart will have it for $45.26. Might be cheaper elsewhere the first week, just depends on the competition and if anyone has it cheaper.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I just ordered Angel from www.overstock.com for $39.99 with shipping and handling at $1.50.
Good deal, i also picked up the preorder of the new Harry Potter book. Just a note they will charge your CC early for the Harry Potter book.
Paul

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Anyone else order it fromfye.com with a coupon? I got the email last week on 2/4 that Six Feet Under was cancelled, but I haven't heard anything about Angel. Order status page just says preordered. If they cancel, I plan to use a couple $5 Bestbuy digital coupons on it.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
It showed up via FedEx for me yesterday. I got a shipping confirmation on Friday from FYE. I used the 20% off coupon.

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
Link Removed has it for $55.99 Cdn (or about $37 US) - not including shipping (only free shipping in Canada, unfortunately for those in the US)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks