Angel: Season 1 - Who's gonna have the best price?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan*W, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    Generally, B&M stores have the best prices for high profile titles, but online stores have the best prices for multi-disc TV sets. Where's Angel gonna fall into all this?

I've never seen an episode of Angel because Richmond doesn't have a WB affiliate, but my family are all big Buffy fans ("All Hail, Joss Whedon") and are looking to get into this sight unseen. This thing is released 2/11/03.

MSRP: $59.98, DDD price $43.91. Will I be able to beat that?

2. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    Unfortunately Angel is not the high profile series that Buffy is so I wouldn't be surprised if there are only a few B&Ms that carry it. My guess would be that the DDD price is going to be hard to beat. I just really can not see it selling for less than $40 at BB or CC.

Chris S.

PS- If you are a big Buffy fan be sure to check out Firefly, another great Whedon show, on Fridays on Fox.

3. Jimmy Wong

Jimmy Wong Extra

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

5. Chuck Parker

Chuck Parker Agent

First week prices are likely to be low at most B&Ms, though I surprisingly found the Buffy 1 and 2 prices best at Wal-Mart.

and Nathan, Angel airs in the Richmond market on NBC12 2:30am on Thursdays (Wednesday overnights), so fire up your VCR or Tivo!

-chuck

6. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Now that we are closer to the release date, has anyone heard anything about the best prices? Online or otherwise?

7. Greg S

Greg S Supporting Actor

Well up until today you could have ordered at FYE.com for about $33 shipped.

They have a 20% savings coupon and free shipping on orders over $49.

I managed to get in before the coupon appeared to stop working. Keep checking though as the coupon stopped working before but then came back so who knows.

FYI for fans of Friends --- you could have gotten Season 3 for about $26 shipped on this same deal as well.

Hopefully it will come back to life.

Greg

8. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

So what was the coupon code?

9. Phil Tomaskovic

I found a 15% coupon on dvdtalk.com forum (search for fye & coupon). The 20% didn't work for me. I got Angel and Six Feet Under. Free shipping but I had to pay tax for Illinois.

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    The warehouse clubs will probably have the lowest prices for B&M's. Costco has had Buffy S2 and S3 for $39.99 each, and just today I picked up Buffy S3 at BJ's for $38.99 (and tax-free too [​IMG] ).
    Sam's Club is listing Angel S1 for about $41.75, but I'd expect Costco to knock it under $40.

11. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

The best price I found for Buffy was at DVD Soon, but they don't have Angel listed yet. It's Canadian, but Fox releases are identical in the US and Canada.

12. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Actually, DVD Soon has Angel up now and the price isn't so good. FYE is the best deal I've seen.

13. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    Well according to the Weekly Roundup only one B&M has Angel at the below $40 price point. Costco for $39.99, however BB & CC have it for only $5 more. Still not a bad price.

Chris S.

14. Chris Duran

Chris Duran Stunt Coordinator

Wal-Mart will have it for $45.26. Might be cheaper elsewhere the first week, just depends on the competition and if anyone has it cheaper.

15. Phil Tomaskovic

Waiting to see if fye cancels my order with coupon again like last week.

16. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I just ordered Angel from www.overstock.com for $39.99 with shipping and handling at $1.50.
    Good deal, i also picked up the preorder of the new Harry Potter book. Just a note they will charge your CC early for the Harry Potter book.
    Paul

17. Phil Tomaskovic

Anyone else order it fromfye.com with a coupon? I got the email last week on 2/4 that Six Feet Under was cancelled, but I haven't heard anything about Angel. Order status page just says preordered. If they cancel, I plan to use a couple $5 Bestbuy digital coupons on it.

18. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Mine also says pre-ordered still (along with my other stuff that came out yesterday).

19. EricCr

EricCr Stunt Coordinator

It showed up via FedEx for me yesterday. I got a shipping confirmation on Friday from FYE. I used the 20% off coupon.

20. BradG

BradG Stunt Coordinator

www.Futureshop.ca has it for $55.99 Cdn (or about $37 US) - not including shipping (only free shipping in Canada, unfortunately for those in the US)