What's new

ANGEL HEART (1997): opinions? (1 Viewer)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
The R1 is pretty crap, though, isn't it? Our version is anamorphic, has commentary, possibly deleted scenes (can't remember), and documentary stuff. Unfortunately they now appear to have discontinued Alan Parker's diary, included with the movie. I got mine for £8.99 in an HMV sale, though, so not so bad!!

It's a great movie. The commentary is okay, though Parker can sound a bit monotone. I'd got used to him on the Mississippi Burning commentary a few months before, though. It's a shame there's not a second commentary track on 'The Wall' featuring him...

I think someone said in 'software' that there's a new US SE coming out...

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
(Also I've never liked Mickey Rourke.)
I hear you. He is the only actor I can think of that I can't stand...and won't watch his films again. I found no real surprises in Angel Heart, but I suppose the real reason I don't like this film could be because of Mickey Rourke. I like Alan Parker's other films, so maybe that is the deep psychological reason for my dislike of this movie. I don't know...

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I have this movie in stereo VHS and hadn't seen it in literally years. I came across it while cleaning my movie shelf the other day and watched it using the Dolby Pro Logic II on my Sherwood receiver. I was really impressed at the sound that came out of my surround system in this stereo version of the movie. The bass effect was great during the scenes with the heart beat sound in them and the sound during the rain sequences was pretty lifelike. I had forgotten how good this movie really is. I think I will try and get the DVD even though Mickey Rourke isn't my favorite actor either.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
One of the 10 best horror movies of the last 20 years, IMHO. Gritty, violent, scary, suspenseful, and has Bobby D in it! I forgot how good of a slimeball Mickey Rourke could be. He was the king of sleazebags of the 80's (Body Heat, Diner, Year of the Dragon, 9 1/2 Weeks, Barfly).

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
While the R1 version may indicate that it is rated R, I understand that the unrated cut of the film is what is actually on the DVD. There is definitely blood during the sex scene on the DVD. Can anyone confirm that the DVD contains the unrated cut?

CoreyII

Second Unit
Angel Heart is really good flick. IF you really want to give yourself a treat watch the film back to back with Jacob's Ladder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks