Angel Has Fallen (2019)

Tino

Film Editor
Premium
Real Name
Valentino
13, actually, and I challenge you to find another hunky actor whose looks have declined as much as Butler's in that span...
Actually, it’s just a bit over 14 years since it was produced.
It was released in March 2007

Wikipedia.

300 entered active production on October 17, 2005, in Montreal, and was shot over the course of sixty days in chronological order with a budget of $60 million. Employing the digital backlot technique, Snyder shot at the now-defunct Icestorm Studios in Montreal using bluescreens.

And I’m not disagreeing about his looks.

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Actually, it’s just a bit over 14 years since it was produced.
It was released in March 2007

Wikipedia.

300 entered active production on October 17, 2005, in Montreal, and was shot over the course of sixty days in chronological order with a budget of $60 million. Employing the digital backlot technique, Snyder shot at the now-defunct Icestorm Studios in Montreal using bluescreens..
Since we're comparing how Butler looked in "300" to how he looked in "Angel"... 13 years, chief! :lol:

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt Hough
I started watching this tonight via Netflix streaming. I got interrupted by a series of phone calls about 40 minutes in, so I won't finish it until tomorrow, but I did notice that Gerard did seem much older in this one than the other two. I know his character has physical problems and isn't sleeping, but I don't think the way he looks can be attributed to makeup for the camera. He's just not aging well.

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
I started watching this tonight via Netflix streaming. I got interrupted by a series of phone calls about 40 minutes in, so I won't finish it until tomorrow, but I did notice that Gerard did seem much older in this one than the other two. I know his character has physical problems and isn't sleeping, but I don't think the way he looks can be attributed to makeup for the camera. He's just not aging well.
That's been noticeable for a while, not just in "Angel", though he does look worse in "Angel". I think they cast Nick Nolte as his dad because Nolte looks like he's 78 going on 200 so he makes Butler look young! :D

Reactions: Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
That's been noticeable for a while, not just in "Angel", though he does look worse in "Angel". I think they cast Nick Nolte as his dad because Nolte looks like he's 78 going on 200 so he makes Butler look young! :D
Yes I thought Nolte looked bad, old and possibly sick. Hopefully it was just makeup.

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm sure there was some makeup involved to make him look the part of the old mountain hermit, but Nolte is nearly 80 and is nearly 30 years older than Gerard Butler (50). So the actors' ages were correct for father/son.

Butler just looks really beat for only 50.

Reactions: Jeffrey D

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ekelks