Ange Hamm's Five-Year HTF Anniversary!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

...came and went and I missed it! I was so busy with my thesis that I didn't even notice. Dammit! I would have written a lengthy list of all the things I learned in five years, not unlike the famous "Ange Hamm's 1000th Post Extravaganza" of 2002!

Ah, the good old days... Nineteen simultaneous Star Wars threads... The eternal wisdom of Mike Knapp... The perks of having a brother as an Administrator... Laserdisc closeout sales while DVD was just being rolled out... People actually discussing VHS... Dolby Pro Logic was really cool to have... Minidisc versus DAT... Haikus galore... The first Fantasy baseball leagues (2000 Champion: Ange Hamm)... Nineteen more simultaneous Star Wars threads... Membership in the triple digits... No banner ads... Average membership age in the thirties... Days when the whole board would crash... Software upgrades... Hardware upgrades... Yet more software upgrades... I was running a 486 at the time... Days of sigs come and gone... The anticipation of Star Wars Episode 1... The reality of Star Wars Episode 1... Nineteen simultaneous "Star Wars Episode 1 sucked" threads... Revising the Forum rules to escape nineteen simultaneous Star Wars threads ever happening again...

I'm a-feeling mighty old.

Word,

Ange Hamm

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Welcome to the new order :p)

All this time writing a thesis.. on what may I ask?? [​IMG]

3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Ange,

You stirred up some meories! [​IMG]
    Well, all I can say in short is: you managed - and so did we. To the next five years. And on!

Cees

4. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

Ahh, the good old days.

The debate over Anamorphic vs Non Anamorphic transfers and their effects on "normal" televisions.

The Proscan DIXV player that had the best down conversion.

Etc, etc.

5. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III

You touched a nerve with that one
    I was a former Circuit City employee determined to get a Divx player as soon as it was avalible. The Proscan player was my first choice but it was delayed so I settled for the RCA Divx player and bragged about my new toy via webtv to the membership at 800.com. The crowd at 800.com turned on me like I was the antichrist which tempted me to join HTF to see if divx was really as bad as I had been told. HTF confirmed my fears so I returned the divx player, ordred a DVD player and the rest is history.

6. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I wish that I remembered those day, but my memory is fading.

It felt a lot more like a few friends just talkin 'bout stuff back then.

I miss it!

Brent

Wish I could find out how many member were here before I joined(and what # I was), but that would be nearly impossible I'd think.