What's new

Ang Lee's EAT DRINK MAN WOMAN out on dvd 3/5 (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
2nd film by Ang Lee (after The Wedding Banquet). Although it has very little nudity, explosive violence, and cgi, it does redeem itself with a wonderful storyline, great acting and gorgeous shots of Taiwanese cuisine.

Also, the actress who plays the middle daughter (Chien-Lien Wu) is breathtakingly beautiful. This is a sexy, stylish, highly entertaining film that's been overshadowed by Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and deserves attention.

Widescreen. $13.34 shipped at DeepDiscountDVD.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
I'm way ahead of you.... :) I even asked about this title at the last Studio Day, but didn't get any definitive word. Imagine my surprise when I saw it on the upcoming disc list at Digital Eyes! Oh yeah! Seems kinda wrong, tho, that the movie which was based on its story line (Tortilla Soup) comes out on DVD before the original movie does!
If the disc is good, (almost) all will be forgiven. Now we need someone to get on the ball with The Wedding Banquet! (You'd think post-Crouching Tiger that anything with Ang Lee's name on it would've been had some priority in releasing on DVD....)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
absolutely!
this is one of the best "food" movies around. the great stories behind the three sisters, the wonderful story about the father and the lady trying to "snag" him and (of course) all that wonderful food.
one of my all-time favorite food flicks!
now i'm gonna have to go get somme kung-pao chicken!!!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Great flick. My copy is on the way too.
And what's up with all the "Lee's" responding to this thread? Does Ang have family at the HTF? :)
Rob

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Rob -
It's the shadowy, worldwide "Lee" conspiracy !! (We also brought you the irritating jean pitch-doll, Buddy Lee, as well as Spike Lee to irritate all the non-Knicks fans of the world, and Geddy Lee, because dinosaur rock will never die!!!) ;)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Any truth to the rumor that Gena Lee Nolin was part of this subversive group. That is, until she was booted out for participating in that godawful syndicated quasi-Tarzan tv series?

BTW...talk about this movie and food has reawakened my addiction to beef chow fun. Used to eat this succulence at least 4 times a week for a year straight back in college. As long as the fun was firm and fresh, and not a clumpy amalgam of noodle orgy, it can be a transcendental delight.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Wonderful movie. I believe this was his third, however, since Pushing Hands came before this and The Wedding Banquet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.