What's new

Andy Richter returns (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I just saw a promo for the show on Fox. I thought they cancelled this show last season? Am i wrong, or did they revive it? I thought it was OK, nothing earthshattering, but better than most dreck out there.

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
This show rules, just like family guy did. Which can be a bad thing since it seems that all the shows I find hilarious get the ax.

But this show is too good to psas up, I can't believe Fox would just put it as a mid-season replacement. Plus its being shot in 480p widescreen, and while its not high-def, it is an improvement over 480i, so this gives me another reason to go get that 3000 dollar hitachi hdtv.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I see they shortened up the named to just Andy Richter.

I enjoyed this show too. I thought it was a very funny show, even my wife would sit down and watch it.

I agree it looks like it may die the way of Family Guy.

It's a shame how shows like Fear Factor, The Bachelor, Survivor get all the attention when other quality shows fall by the way side.

Paul

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/01/02 episode:

Wendy and Andy's boss are hotties. The whole Afro-Irish bent was just too off the wall, and funny nonetheless.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I was afraid Fox' "retooling" of the series would be stifling, but Andy Richter remains, at least for me, the funniest show on television. I'm hoping the three unaired episodes from last season will resurface at some point. Following Malcolm In The Middle seems promising, but if Fox is unable to keep the series going, hopefully Paramount will shop it around elsewhere.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Wendy's still hot, but I dislike the new hairstyle. I'm a curls man, myself... :)
"Take it all, bitch!" :laugh:

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Last night's show was my first one seeing, and I was impressed. Very funny stuff. The race thing was hilarious.

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I looked up Andy's boss on IMDB, and it says she played Kathy on Friends. Was that the one who left Joey for Chandler?

~T

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I looked up Andy's boss on IMDB, and it says she played Kathy on Friends. Was that the one who left Joey for Chandler?
Yes.

And it's still Andy Richter Controls the Universe (at least in Seattle).

Hopefully they will do a box set and include all the episodes from last season they didn't show.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Urgh. From the futon critic:
The season premiere of "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" was down over 25% from its debut last season (5.0/7 vs. 6.7/10, 3/19/02) in the overnights despite the switch to a higher profile time slot. More disturbing however was the fact it lost over 30% of lead-in "Malcolm in the Middle's" audience and finished dead last in its time slot among the major broadcast networks in the 18-49 demographic according to the fast nationals. Not a good start for "Andy."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/08/02 episode:

Again, the zany situations this group of Andy's friends produces quite a bit of funny bits, and LOL moments. Will there ever be anything between Andy and Jessica?

There's another episode on this Tuesday (12/10/02) at 8:30 p.m., right before "24".

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think they addressed that "way" back in episode one - they've been platonic friends so long that they aren't even capable of thinking of each other sexually/romantically.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess when you can point out each other's hanging boogers, romance is nowhere on the radar...

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I love this show. I couldn't have been happier when I saw the promo for the new season. I'd thought for sure it'd been canceled. I missed last night's episode but I don't intend to miss another. Great show. Hope Fox deems it worry of being on the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks