What's new

Andy Richter 3/26/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder that "Andy Richter Controls The Universe" comes on tonight in the 8:30 p.m. EST on FOX. I'm hoping it can build on a good premiere from last week and provide more zany fun.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved the first episode. Lost track of time and only caught the second half of this week's. Liked what I saw, though. I'll defineately keep tuning in.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
This weeks episode had a few chuckles more than last week. However, I highly doubt the "Ally McBeal" format will keep people watching.
I had high hopes, but so far it hasn't lived up to them.
BUT, I much rather watch this than that POC "Watching Ellie" Blaaaah!:thumbsdown:

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Last week's episode left me wondering what my viewing habits on Tuesday nights would be.

This ep clinched it. I'll tape Buffy from here on out.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Heh, I tape Buffy already, but with That 70s Show AND Andy Richter against it I won't be watching it live too. Unfortunately with 24 and The Shield and then the Daily Show on tuesdays I won't be seeing Buffy until 11:30 PM!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
One of the scary things about this show is that I find myself getting confused as to what is "true" and what is "fantasy" because I was totally in "fantasy" mode when Andy was giving Wendy the heave-ho. :) I did enjoy the opening segment (crush the old lady's head for a diamond. LOL!). That old guy is hoot, he totally lays it out on the line for Andy, no punches pulled.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
When the dead guy came out of the coffin and started doing the hustle, I thought I was going to die! I love absurd moments like that, and this show is full of them.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I didn't like it very much. It's like a mix of "Drew Carey Show" and "Ally McBeal", and I don't care much for either of those shows. There's nothing new or original in it either.
But the scene with him squeezing a diamond out of the old lady's head was funny. :)
/Mike

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
I was falling out of my chair. The show is hilarious! My new Tuesday night viewing schedule is locked in. I always watch That '70s Show, but I couldn't get into Undeclared. Now the whole hour belongs to FOX.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The Andy Richter approach to his comic fantasies has a much better sense of timing than Ally McBeal. The fact that they made us wait a few scenes for "The Hustle" until we had almost forgotten about it made it that much better. This was a good not great episode, but I still laughed out loud several times. The exchanges between Andy's Boss and his officemate about who killed their coworker were priceless, as was the whole bit about the grief counselor.

Next week they will reportedly be treating anti-semitism with the same sensitivity that they treated heart disease and suicide on this episode.

Regards,

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Anyone get a faint 'The Wonder Years' vibe off the voiceovers and the constant pining for and adoration of Wendy?

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I am disapointed in the show, I thought the show would be much funnier but IMO it leaves much to be desired. It's a shame to me b/c I think Andy Richter is pretty funny. I wish Undeclared was in that time slot.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I think I laughed about 4 times harder this week than last (even though I'm really not that hard to get going). One of the funniest shows I've seen in awhile. When Andy did his point and wink to the dancing dead guy, I just about died.

AllenD

Second Unit
The imaginary dead guy is a riot. I must be heartless b/c it didn't occur to me, until somebody mentioned it, how heartless they were towards heart attacks and suicide. I guess I was simply in a different state of mind while I'm watching the show. :) I can't wait to see next weeks episode.

Users who are viewing this thread