What's new

Andy Kaufman returns! (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
if he was still alive, i'd go right back to ignoring that moron just as before. it has to be fake, but if anyone was enough of an idiot to do this, it's him.

CJ

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Why do you all assume that if he did fake his death that he wouldn't have told his family and some of his friends up front? That'd make it an even bigger feat, if you managed to hide out for 20 years and get your friends and family to go along with it.

I recently read an article about him that said he had stated before his death that if he was joking about his death, he'd come back 20 years after he died. This was a week or so ago, before any of this other stuff started. The article said that some people were anxiously awaiting to see if his death was a hoax because of this promise he made. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if the people pulling this hoax were somehow connected to him and doing it because he wanted it done.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

Maybe the first part of that (emphasis mine) has something to do with the second part.

Rather or not Kaufman asked his friends to do this hoax at this time, or even if his friends are involved, it is a hoax.

This does all go with his personality, but for those who believe this could really be Kaufman, the joke is on you.

Does anyone want to buy some land I have to sell in Florida? How about the deed to the Brooklyn Bridge?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ZMUDA or clifton was on kimmel live last week to promote his...i mean kaufman's appearance at the house of blues.
he just called it the return of andy kaufman.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Guess who I just saw beating down a Wal-Mart greeter? Andy Kaufman, Elvis Presley, Jimmy Hoffa, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy. Anybody who buys into this garbage should do the world a favor and sterilize themselves. Trust me, if there was even the smallest chance this was real the "real" media would be all over it.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

C'mon Jed, can't you see that this kind of thing is exactly what he would want? He originated performance art. He purposely did stuff to confuse people and piss them off. It's hysterical that you are reacting this way. If he's alive part of the reason he's doing this is to get just such a reaction out of people like you. If he isn't and he asked someone to do this, then it's basically the same thing.

Also, there's a difference between Elvis and Andy, Andy could quite conceivably do this because it was his way. People assumed he was faking his illness before he died. Maybe he was. Maybe we'll never know. The likelihood is that he's dead. Either way, I see it as a good laugh. I was too young to appreciate his comedy back then, it's nice to get to see some of it "live" now.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Being dead is not basically the same thing as being alive in my opinion. Claim the jokes on me, I don't care about that, all I am saying is that Andy Kaufman is dead. That was my one and only point.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Sounds like Zmuda to me. The ultimate leech. Still earning money off of Kaufman twenty years after his death. Let's see... a book, a movie, several Cable specials, and countless nightclub gigs... This guy would be homeless if it werent for the ghost of Andy Kaufman.

P.S. The Yahoo "article" is really a press release from a company called "PRWEB.COM", presumably written by the same person or persons who started the website. The publisher makes no guarantees of the truth of comments made in a press release. It's the 'views and opinion' of the author and not neccesarily those of the publisher (read: NOT FACT CHECKED). Therefore, it doesn't take much to get a press release carried by legitimate news outlets, and apparantly, Yahoo's standards are even lower.

To read the complete "disclaimer form" of PRWEB.COM (the service that published the kaufman press release) see:

http://www.prweb.com/disclaimer.php

Pay special attention to the BOLDFACE LARGE PRINT statement that reads: "INFORMATION Not Warranted or Guaranteed In Any Way".

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
The Beatles did something kinda similar with the "Paul Is Dead" thingie back in the 60's. All the clues...backward spin of tracks.."Turn me on, Dead Man" and "I Buried Paul" at the end of, I think, "I Am The Walrus".

For myself, if he DID pull this off...I think it is WAAAAAY cool and would ask he stop by this year's ScooterPalooza for an appearance!

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

My point was that there is very much a possibility that this is a joke he set up 20 years ago so he could laugh at people from the grave. Thus the point of the joke is essentially the same whether he's dead or alive.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Keith, I understand your point and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Kaufman was behind all of this (all though the cynic in me tells me its the sole work of that slime ball Zmuda). I was only disputing the fact that he is physically living.

I apologize for using the word sterilize, it was a bit harsh, but if he really was alive it wouldn't be some small blip being passed around the internet. It would be world wide news as the greatest hoax ever pulled off. Could you imagine? It would be an absolute media frenzy with him being discussed on every tv news program, in magazines, press camping out in his front yard, etc. Instead its some guy with a blog that uses an uncredited PR wire to make his announcement and lies about taking a DNA test. Anybody who believes he is really living just needs to examine the facts. Thats what I should have said instead of the sterilizing line. So my sincere apologies to all that took offense.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
I agree, If Kaufman pulled it off that would be sensational... Unfortunately, too much of that "Press Release" is obvious BS.

Has anybody found reference to the "abc interview" anyplace BESIDES the bogus release??? Thats not the kinda thing you can (or even WANT TO) keep a lid on... The ratings for that interview would be the biggest of all time, unless of course you didn't advertise it, and made sure you saved it until AFTER sweeps are over... C'MON!

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Yes..ScooterPalooza IS on..Holadem..you bring the M.B! :D

As for the Beatles "Paul Is Dead" thing...listen to the end of the song. John later stated it was his voice and he meant he "buried" Paul in the mix..and indeed does say "I Buried Paul"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks