What's new

Andy Griffith Show (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Here is a question, maybe for Dave? I have been tempted by the shows that only have public domain episodes available. But how did they get that way? How can 16 episodes of a show not be owned by someone? I cant see how that works, and i would guess Dragnet, Bonanza, and The Beverly Hillbillies also fall into that list since i've seen them on discount bins too. And let me guess....the prints stink on all of these sets? Right?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
David Lambert, perhaps a headline using "stifle yourself," or 1 of its variations would do the trick. It would have a double meaning, using dialog from the show and also the meaning of "its here now so shut up."

Although when that headline does go up, my money is on Good Times s. 2, or Jeffersons S. 3 taking its place on the most asked for list, as I've seen both of those brought up quite a bit in this forum.

Oh, and while I'm here, I'm also curious about how those episodes fell in to public domain, so any explanation would be 1 that I'd easily accept, whether the person giving the explanation is qualified to do so or not.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
David Lambert, perhaps a headline using "stifle yourself," or 1 of its variations would do the trick. It would have a double meaning, using dialog from the show and also the meaning of "its here now so shut up."
Hah! I think I'll do JUST THAT! Thank you very much! I may have thought of it on my own sooner or later, but then again sometimes I miss the obvious. :laugh:

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
I can't believe this show is not out on DVD yet. Obviously there are a lot of people that still like to watch it or it wouldn't be shown on TV as much as it is.
I heard somewhere that The Andy Griffith Show has never gone off the air since its inception. It went immediately into syndication and has been on the air ever since. Pretty amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks