Andromeda tv show coming to dvd....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Feb 28, 2002.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I just got off the phone with ADV films. They also produce the Farscape dvd's. At first the guy was not sure. So he asked his supervisor. He came back and told me the show will be out this summer. It will be in a dual case set. Which he figured was 4 episodes on 2 discs. No other info was available.

2. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Finally word from them. I asked a few weeks back and they still didnt know yet. 2 disc andromedas from the get go and 2 disc farscape from season 2 on. Im a happy camper

capt

3. Sarah S

Sarah S Second Unit

At least they are learning....

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Now, if they could just get Robert Wolfe to do commentaries on the second season...
    "This is an example of what 'Captain Hercules' thought our audience was too dumb to understand. By the way, you should see the outtakes of him trying to pronounce 'singularity'..."
    Sadly, Wolfe is probably too much of a class act. [​IMG]

5. Ken Stuart

Ken Stuart Second Unit

There have been some of these threads where have I been sorely tempted to comment about "waste of pressing facilities", but restrained myself since I don't feel it is right to criticize other people's tastes.
    However, in the case of Andromeda, I feel I am very qualified to comment, since I have watched every episode, and have traded e-mail with both the series creator and one of the main writers.
    From that viewpoint, I feel justified in saying that Andromeda DVDs would be a supreme waste of pressing facilities.
    Especially considering that great movie classics are listed in the "still waiting for these to come to DVD" threads.

6. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I have watched every episode of this series as well and I am going to have to agree with Ken on this and second his opinion. Also, where are all the syndication problems that seem to plague most TV series?

7. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Frank,
    Andromeda is a syndicated show to begin with, so syndication issues are taken care of [​IMG]
    Gord

8. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah, Andromeda on DVD, well that's one series I won't have to buy.

9. Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow Stunt Coordinator

Just a note, On the latest DVD from ADV there's a preview for Andromeda. It doesn't say anything about the dvd release but the video looked fairly good. For some strange reason I'll probably buy them, I think I have a problem...