Andromeda tv show coming to dvd (good & bad news)...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Aug 28, 2001.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Well, the good news is that ADV is going to be producing the show for dvd. The bad news is that they will probably be only putting 2 episodes on a disc. [​IMG]
    I hope they change their minds and do either season box sets or put 3-4 episodes to a disc. If their is anyone who works for ADV or knows someone that does. Can you give any more info.
    Here is the link to the info. It is in the beginning of the article: http://www.animeondvd.com/press/conv...l_report-2.htm
    [Edited last by todd s on August 28, 2001 at 03:18 PM]

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

David Williams, last I heard, had no further information about these discs.
    I think you might be right. They will probably be similar to the Farscape discs they are releasing. The good thing is, they probably will be as cheap as well.
    I suggest you monitor the "Off Topic" or "Manufacturers" forums on Anime On DVD and wait until more details come out. David Williams does monitor the boards, as well as others from ADV, so you may catch their ear.
    Jason
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

As I have explained in many a Farscape thread, ADV is NOT a large company, and these shows are too niche to get the large retailers to bite on large numbers of box sets. I think that as long as they continue to produce such quality product, that everything's good on my end
    I just wish they'd gotten E:FC instead of Andromeda
    Jeff Kleist

4. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Second Unit

Jeff,
    What're the odds of them having E:FC as well? They're giving the nudge nudge wink wink about their relationship with the Roddenberry material that's out there.
    As for the ep/vol count, I'd expect this one to go different than the Farscape release. Farscape has sooooo many hands in the pie it's ridiculous. Andromeda should be less involved which may allow more episodes per disc.
    ------------------
    Chris Beveridge
    Webmaster, www.animeondvd.com
    Animation and stories for those who like to think outside of the Disney box

5. Bruce F

Bruce F Agent

Speaking of the Roddenberry connection, I'd pay some good money for a boxed set of his failed pilots...
    Genesis II, Planet Earth, The Questor Tapes, Spectre
    Pretty niche market, but I suspect a fairly large group of them would pick it up. Lots of interesting links between these and some of his later work.
    Bruce

6. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Well, it's quite possible they have an option on E:FC, but I think it probably has a lot of problems for video given that Alliance Atlantis (Big Canadian DVD company) makes it. I'd say Artisan would be first up for US rights based on previous relationships
    I HOPE ADV has it mind you
    Jeff Kleist