What's new

Android apps stored....where? (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have the LG L9 and have come to realize that it is lacking in storage.

Installed Viber and had to remove two apps to install it...now a couple other apps can't update for lack of room.

The phone comes with a 2mb M-SD card. Will buying a higher capacity card solve that issue?

Keeping in mind, beyond Spotify/Iheartradio/slacker, I don't keep music or photos on the phone.

So...Amazon has Sandisk cards for a stupid low price (Ultra SD) and I can see buying a 32mb. Unless there is a reason for a 64. If...it solves the issue.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yup, a higher micro SD card will solve your problem.

I would *think* the LG phone L9 is compatible with those
size SD cards.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I looked into it after posting. Hoping I'm wrong(mis-informed)...It appears all post 4.0 android phones can no longer send apps to the sd card...as MTP does not allow it.Supposedly there are roots as work around for MTP...but not found any specific to the L9.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I have an Android phone and apps cannot be transferred to the memory card. Lack of storage space for apps would be my only complaint about the phone. After downloading Google, Facebook, Twitter, and a couple of news apps I don't have space for any games more complicated than backgammon. My previous phone was even worse. I had to do social networking through the web browser because the apps were such memory hogs that they shut down the phone.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There is an app out there for non-rooted phones that allows transfer
of apps to the memory card. I remember seeing it.

Did a search on the PLAY store for the app and came up with these.

Mixed reviews on the first couple I read, but one of them may work.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Those apps that supposedly transfers apps to the memory card scan the contents of your phone and tells you what can be transferred. Those files will include stuff like pictures music contacts and text messages. The transfer app won't take a huge app like Facebook or Angry Birds and make it transferable.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Seems odd that you would run out of storage. I have a Droid Maxx with 32GB of storage. Between the OS and all my downloaded apps, plus data storage, I still have 16GB left. I would try uninstalling as much of the bloatware as possible to free up storage.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The "bloat-ware" on this phone is insane. Sadly, none of it has an option to remove it. Even if you transfer everything over to your computer...you can't leave anything there. I would love to get rid of Chrome, Google Music and Polaris(bunch of others).Problem is, you can only disable updates.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are SD cards only for data (files, music, video, photos, app data) and not apps themselves, in Android?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks