What's new

And you thought Mike Tyson couldn't say anything worse!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
:rolleyes:"But now I really do want to rape her." His publicity people must be losing their minds....

Tyson has the IQ of a cockroach. Geezus.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why the press, or the boxing industry, continue to even give this guy the time of day is beyond my comprehension.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
What, a convicted rapist and wife-beater saying inappropriate things? Who would've thought.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Holadem, who is your comment addressed to. If me, I never said I didnt care that he said this, I was only addressing the reason why this guy keeps getting a mic in front of his face.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Malcolm... totally agree. I can't begin to fathom why he is still allowed to box...

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
If Tyson did rape the woman, his comments are completely insane. However, if (and that's a big if) Tyson was set up by this woman, it is understandable that he would have extremely hostile feelings toward her. As Holadem implied, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for someone who had been imprisoned for three years for a crime he didn't commit to want to kill the other person.

Robert McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
Initial Disclaimer: I don't like Mike, don't trust him, think he is a loser, etc.

There was an interesting discussion of this last night on Rick Ballou's national call in sports talk show. As a guest he had an attorney/author who wrote a book about Tyson's rape trial and conviction (I think it is called "Down for the Count"). His point was that Tyson is insecure and can't admit he has ever been wrong, and continuously says he has been wronged. Tyson had horrible counsel at the rape trial (pushed on him by Don King) and he might have beat the charges if he had decent counsel. Also, the victim won a civil case against him for millions and Tyson truly believes he has been wronged by this victim and the system (and Robin Givens and all of the other women he has been with which tried to get $$ from him). But does that excuse his statement? No, but this person felt very strongly that if the interview was with a male (rather than Greta Van Susteren) he would not have made such comments because of his anger at women and his desire to try to shock women. He also pointed out that there were 2 winners with these statements: Tyson, getting the attention he needs, AND Greta van Susteren.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks