And then there were two.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Getson, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Dave Getson

Dave Getson Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I'm looking at getting a fp in the next six months and I've researched and looked and I've narrowed it down to two possibilities:

NEC LT150

Piano HE-3100 (or the soon to be released HE-3200...waiting for a demo of that next month)

What are your guys' opinions on these? Has anyone done a side by side comparison?

I'm planning on getting a 106" diagonal Stewart Greyhawk screen. I've seen the Piano on this and it looks amazing.

Let's assume the light can be controlled very well....almost completely black. Which would you recommend?

2. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

i don't have any experience with either unit, but i do know that Plus has authorized the dealers to sell their demo 3100 for $1899US when the 3200 is released, with full warranty. new 3100's have dropped to $2699US pending the release of the 3200.
    if you don't mind buying the demo, you can save some dough.

3. Dave Getson

Dave Getson Stunt Coordinator

I'm leaning more toward the HE-3200 over the 3100, just because there's more flexability with the zoom. As well, the 3200 offers HD which the 3100 does not. The search continues...

4. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

If possible, before you make your final decision, try to see something with some good punch. Even Plus recommends you don't go over 80" or so on their Piano models.