What's new

And then there were none, 1945. Which one? (1 Viewer)

BrianSK

Auditioning
It appears that there are at least three different variations of cover artwork for the DVD of the movie, And then there were none from 1945. Which one should i buy? Extras do not interest me so i do not base a buying decision on that. Does video quality vary between these versions? That is where i base my buying decision.

Thanks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the Image and VCI releases and think the former is slightly better in regard to video quality.

Crawdaddy

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
With all due respect Mr. Crawford, the picture quality on the Image disc FAR exceeds the VCI.

The VCI was released first and the image is muddy and dark...with a muffled sound quality to boot (although the cover art using the film's original adverstising is stunning.)

The Image disc is sharper and superior in every way. Details lost in the VCI pop out of every frame.

Don't be discouraged by the opening credits on the Image disc. They are quite ragged and dirty, but things clear up almost immediately.

None of the versions is perfect, but the Image is the best looking by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks