And the speaker goes through the wall.........

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Madalena, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

Hello,

Last night my cute little Whippet puppy got a bit too playful with my Boston CR9 and sent it flying through the air, hitting and piercing the wall, bounced off the baseboard heater, and landed on the carpet-covered concrete floor. It sustained cosmetic damage on two corners, and has a nasty gouge on the bottom edge. I'm very worried abut the structural integrity of the cabinet now, and since it's a discontinued speaker from Boston there's not a whole lot they can do.

Is there a way to fill in the gouge with some kind of putty? I have no experience in this area. It's finished in a black vinyl covering over MDF.

Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

2. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

Anyone?

3. Michael R Price

Michael R Price Screenwriter

I think you can buy some 'wood filler' at a local hardware store, I got a little tub of it for like $2 from Home Depot so I could smooth out my speaker cabinets (which I had shoddily built). It comes in light and dark colors, you spread it on with a knife and let it dry for a while then you can sand it smooth, and re-paint it black (or recover in vinyl).