What's new

And the remake madness continues...Robert Zemeckis and YELLOW SUBMARINE (!) (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Scheduled for 2012, Zemeckis will apparently be utilizing his performance capture 3-D for a remake of the classic Beatles animated feature of 1968. Sorry, can't get into this at all. I hope only that, as its release date approached, MGM will be able to give us a Blu-ray release of the original.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I would love the original on Blu. Maybe we would get seamless branching for the footage displaced by "Hey Bulldog" being put back in.

The old non-anamorphic MGM DVD caused many a player to choke on the layer change.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I don't think that any footage was displaced by the addition of "Bulldog." The original release running time was 85 minutes, and the film with the added song runs 90 minutes. I never much cared for the song or the animation that goes with it, but I'd gladly live with it to get this on Blu-ray.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill

This is what is on the original 80's video release and the Laserdisc I own.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
The idea of an actual remake bearing the title YELLOW SUBMARINE turns me off completely, and I'd rather they just made some sort of new cartoon Beatles adventure, if they have to do anything at all.

On the plus side, this will introduce a lot of kids to The Beatles and their music, but I also am not crazy the way Apple tries to "sugar" the Beatles lately, with projects like this, and the LOVE show a few years ago. Seems to me they're playing it sappy when it comes to The Beatles' Legacy, instead of issuing LET IT BE on DVD already.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Fascinating, but doesn't sound like the direct sequel I read about someplace...

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Dick

I never much cared for the song

Blasphemy

A sequel is impossible (and completely undesirable) without new Beatles music to support it. I would not support some random person rifling through the Beatles catalogue to try and cobble together something that made any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks