And some more Dish501 questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Has anybody tried to send suggestions to Dish? They are manufacturing the 501, not OEM from somebody else I've read. I was wondering if I could send in some software suggestions. Some things I wish it would do is when watching a recorded event from the PVR, that you can get the time remaining from hitting the "info" button. Now, if you want to know how much time is remaining, you have to hit "stop" and look at the info screen you get sent to see the time remaining. And I was also wondering if there is any future plans for some basic editing of the events, i.e. deleting from a point to the end or something like that. I figure if you have a program where the last hour was wrong, you can't just delete it without deleting the whole event. This would save some space.
    Jay

2. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    I would register and post your question over at the DBS forum. That is where a lot of the E* people hang out. They just might read your post, even though the forum is not run by them. The DBS forum even have a section for PVRs.
    http://www.dbsforums.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=14&SUBMIT=Go
    ------------------
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston
    "Success is a journey, not a destination." - Unknown
    [Edited last by Brian W. Ralston on July 27, 2001 at 11:23 PM]

3. Ken Stuart

Ken Stuart Second Unit

The time remaining suggestion has already been submitted to the 501 software group some weeks ago.
    Editing is less likely to occur any time soon, I don't think any PVR does that, so they are more likely to implement features already found on competing units.
    By the way, upcoming features in future software upgrades include:
    - Guide extended to 7 days (later to 9 days).
    - Search function for the Guide.
    - New function to stop manual recordings.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Thanks Brian and Ken, that forum looks pretty extensive...
    Ken, I'd also like suggestion#1, I remember trying to record some stages of the TdF on Sunday on a friday afternoon and I couldn't get more than Sunday afternoon on the guide. I checked OLN's schedule and basically did a manual event timer to do that, but that 7 days would be real convienent, especially for short vacations or weekends...
    Jay