"...And smart guys like us can suck so badly at it?"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Rock, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Jan 10, 2001
    OK, maybe you caught the Office Space reference, and maybe you didn't. Sorry.

But seriously...why do I have such a hard time winning at MLB Slugfest 2003? I'm playing the "challenge" mode, and I've only beaten 3 teams!! I even lowered the difficulty level to TRAINEE for cryin' out loud.

I never hit as many homers as the opposition, and I alway seem to fly or ground out.

What's my deal? Anyone else notice this?

Against human opponents, I do much better. I dunno.

Great game, though.
  2. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Jan 13, 1999
    I had the same problem at first. The opposition would have a lot of big innings where it seemed I'd never get that third out.

One tip: make sure to use your Turbo. Yes it can run out, but it can also replenish with good plays, strikeouts, etc. It also replenishes every half inning, so it's not fatal to use it. At first, I'd never really remember to use it and then I tried to "conserve" it.

With that turbo, you can throw your fastball about 10-15 mph faster, and get a wicked drop on your breaking balls that makes them almost unhittable. You'll get a lot more strikeouts that way. Offensively, you can also hit with a lot more power.

If you're already using turbo with regularity and you're still having a lot of problems, well, I don't know. Just keep at it, you'll get better.
  3. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Jun 17, 2001
    "We are new at it, if we had more experience...."

I agree with Mitty, just keep at it.