And Justice For All...?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sam Favate, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Does anyone know if there is a widescreen version of ...And Justice For All? The specs on online retailers' sites say 1:85:1 but the disc itself says fullscreen. Is there a separate widescreen?

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

The disc originally released by Columbia HV had 4:3 on one side and 16:9-enhanced widescreen on the other.

M.

3. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

This is definitely one of the discs that has fallen prey to Sony's asinine policy of dropping the widescreen side. I managed to find a copy with both sides amongst a stack of full screen only copies at Best Buy. You may still be able to find one at Borders as well.

4. David Allen

David Allen Stunt Coordinator

I was very disappointed when mine came via Netflix, and only had Fullscreen. How ridiculous.

5. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Yes, the disc now only has fullscreen on a single-sided disc. The listings at Amazon, DDD, etc., indicate widescreen, but the disc doesn't have it. As far as I know, there has only ever been 1 release for this movie, so I suspect if you want the film now, fullscreen is your only choice. (Ironically, the trailer on the disc is in widescreen!)

6. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

What makes this practice even worse in Sony's case is that they are not changing the UPC when they do this, which is why some many online listings are now inaccurate.

At the specialty shop I frequent, the very knowledgable people there didn't even know this. They strictly sell only OAR, and were not happy when I started walking the store showing them fullscreen only copies of Starman, The Toy, And Justice For All, etc., etc.