What's new

And it *does* look like TNN has opted for a less obnoxious station bug. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
There was a thread here a couple of days ago, its author wondering if TNN has decided to lose that horrible combination station bug/message bar on its programming. Unfortunately, it appeared to be a false positive. The black bar/logo was back.
But then came yesterday. TNN was broadcasting the second-season TNG classic "The Measure of a Man" late last night. Had to tune in, message bar/logo notwithstanding.
No message bar. Of course, that bright and distracting logo/bug is still with us, but the frame was free of that message bar informing us that we are indeed tuned in to TNG and to TNN.
TNN Programming Directors: Lose that stupid logo, and we will be delirious. For now, however, we're just grateful that the stupid message bar is gone. Keep it that way.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
I watched "The Best of Both Worlds" tonight on TNN and the black bar and logo were there. I'm not sure if another, more obnoxious logo was briefly used, but this looks like it did last time I watched TNN (a few weeks ago).
------------------
"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible" - Alfred Hitchcock

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
The bar is annoying, but I must admit it does draw my attention to their programming while channel surfing.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
The bar remains on some programs. Doesn't seem to be any method to their madness. Now you see it, now you don't.
angry.gif

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, and I'm getting sick of the mess. Tried watching "Best of Both Worlds" and cut out after two-thirds of an hour. What jerks.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
To be honest, I was listening to TNN last night, while painting, so the station bug didn't bother me.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible" - Alfred Hitchcock

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks