What's new

And here I was recommending audiogon... (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
Update? First, the crook who took my money is of course not responding to my e-mails. And the cops say it is a civil matter. So, that money is pretty much gone...but it should never have happened this way. :angry:

As I said in my original post, I called my credit union when I first had a bad feeling about this transaction. I asked if the check had cleared. I was told no. I thought to myself "whew," and I asked to put a stop payment on the check. The response I got, "You can't stop a payment on a cashier's check." My response, "I can't?" CSR response, "No."

Well, the check was cashed 6 days later. The following week I find out that the credit union DOES stop payments on cashier's checks.

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Whatever twit I talked to on the phone gave me the totally wrong answer. So now I have talked to 4 credit union employees to explain my story...I even got a call from the CEO.

I told them all the same thing: On the 12th I was told that I could not stop payment on a cashier's check, but NOW two weeks later I am told I could have put a stop on it, but since the check has been cashed I can't get that money back, and since I don't remember the identity of the CSR who told me I couldn't stop payment, there is nothing the credit union can do.

I think they believe I am making this up so I can get my money back somehow. And if I were in their shoes I might believe that too, if it were not for THIS thread. It is dated Feb 12th. I did not edit my original post. I clearly stated on the 12th that I was told by the credit union that I could not put a stop payment on the check. There is no way I could have known then that all this would be happening.

And what's the difference who told me? It was a credit union employee, period. I believe the credit union is liable for my lost money, because if they would have told me, sure come on in and fill out a form and we can stop payment for you, is there ANY doubt whether I would have done it? Come on. I would have sprinted all the way to the credit union to get that money back.

This thread is proof in writing that I got erroneous information from my credit union, and that mistake on their part cost me $525. They should credit my account the full amount of money I lost because of their incompetence, but they are trying to dodge that responsibility. I am in shock over this whole incident.

Is there a charitable lawyer in the house? :frowning:

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I always make purchases using a postal money order and get the insurance there for all transactions. I only mail thru the post office as well. I do this so that this becomes a case of federal felony (ie no states to run too) and therefore the person will have a minimum of two counts (mail fraud, and of course fraudulent acceptance of federal funds) and would recommend others do likewise. I refuse to do business with paypal as I don't like paying an extra expense for an agreed upon transaction.

Douglas S.L

Auditioning
Robert_G : I do the same when buying and take it one step further, i pay the extra to make them sign for the money order....

I have bought many audio items off ebay with no problems yet ( thank god )... The only issue is feedback, alot of sellers ( and buyers ) don't follow threw with it.

Robert_Z's situation is one nightmare we can all due without.........

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Douglas, I never pay the extra to make the person sign it just for the simple reason I have the insurance (I'm getting my money back, and the postal are gonna wanna get there man/woman) but then I understand wanting the extra piece of mind for such a transaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks