What's new

Ancient speakers ... how ashamed should I be? (1 Viewer)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Nearly 15 years ago, my brother was moving and unloaded into my hot little hands a pair of mid-70s-vintage Allegro speakers that originally belonged to a Zenith all-in-one system. Given the time frame, I'm sure "all-in-one" meant turntable/tuner/8-track.

Exactly how ashamed should I be to mention that I (a) still own and (b) still use these speakers?

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Oh, jeez, that came out wrong. I don't use them on my HT setup ... they're upstairs attached to the stereo. Music only.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
How do they sound? If you like the way they sound, you shouldn't be ashamed at all. That's all that really matters.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Ditto. Some of the stuff from back then is junk, some are gems that are well kept secrets. If you enjoy their sound, don't worry about anything else. If you're curious about how they stack up to modern speakers, try and audition other speakers at home if possible, or at a dealer with similar source/amplification equipment.

Cam S

Screenwriter
I've got an ancient pair of Sansui's that sound incredible. Like the others said, if you like the sound, be happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks