Ancient help!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by mike di, May 16, 2004.

1. mike di

mike di Auditioning

BLAH!
    I have a marantz 2325 stereo reciever that i got from my dad about 2 years ago, and he bought in 1976. The thing was working fine...ish for about a year or so, the dolby select knob on it would stick and distort the sound. One day i went to plug it into my xbox, with the output being these massive accsound speakers. The VU lamps on the front panel are broken, i can deal with that, but the problem was that there wasn't a sound coming out of the speakers, tried other speakers, same effect. Now i tried plugging in my el cheapo phono speakers in, i get really muted sound, but clear. I think it may be a problem with the speaker contacts, but hell im guessing. ANY help would be appriciated, thx in advance
    -Mike

2. NickGL

NickGL Agent

i'd check the impedance of the accusounds, you might have blown a resistor or something

3. Johnny_M

Johnny_M Second Unit

open the unit up and look for a fuse. sounds like a blown amp tho.

Johnny

4. mike di

mike di Auditioning

there are only 2 fuses that i can see, one plugs into the back, which i replaced, the other is in the case, which doesnt need replacing because i tested it. Also, its not just the accusounds, its all speakers ive tried, which work perfectly fine on my other system.