What's new

Ancient Arky needs help regarding cables and wires for HT set up (1 Viewer)

Debongenre

Auditioning
Real Name
Don Wilson
Hi Y'all, I could sure use some assistance in preparation of setting up my new home theater. I did set one up back in the dark ages of '03 and frankly it sucked! It was a Kenwood HTIB which I guess wasn't the greatest to begin with but I did a lousy job out of expediency - which I hope to avoid this time.
Here's what's on the way to me now: Samsung TV PN-50B650, LG BD 390 Disc Player, Denon AVR2308CI, Front Speakers Boston Acoustics E-40, Center BA HS 225, Surrounds BA MCS 130. I'm going to see if the old Kenwood SW-35HT will do the job (any comments?) and I do intend to add two additional Surrounds.
All these components are on the way now and since I live in the boonies I would like to have all the cables and wires I'll need on hand since I will be unlikely that I'll be able to get what I want locally, especially at a decent price.
I've been told that Monoprice is the place to buy online and I assume that 14 gauge speaker wire will be OK.
I have a digital cable box to start from.
Anything y'all can suggest will certainly be appreciated.

Don

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Don:

What are you going to use the Kenwood SW-35HT for?

As far as the cables go I would you also look into Blue Jeans Cable (a sponsor of this forum) for all your cable needs.

Does your Digital Cable box have an HDMI out? If it does I would hook it up to your Denon via HDMI.

I would hook up your LG to your Denon via HDMI and your Denon to your Samsung via HDMI. This will cut down on the number of cables you will have to buy and will give
you the best picture and audio combo. I would start out with your 5 speaker layout. If you decided to get a sub to go with it I would suggest you look into SV Subwoofers.

Otherwise it look like you have a good system laid out.

Parker

Debongenre

Auditioning
Real Name
Don Wilson
Parker, thanks much for your response - it's really appreciated.
I'll sure check into Blue Jeans for my cables.
The SW-35HT is the subwoofer that came with my Kenwood HTIB. I'm hoping that it will be better than nothing until I can get something better.
I just quickly looked at SV Subwoofers and everything I saw in my short romp was really upscale from the rest of my system. Can you suggest something there (or elsewhere) that would fit the bill? I understand the the sub will likely cost more than any of the other speaker I've got coming but I'm hoping that something around $300 would fit in for me.
Once again, Thanks!

Debongenre

Auditioning
Real Name
Don Wilson
Thanks Mike, I believe I'll hold off until the supreme commander recovers from what I've spent so far.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Debongenre /forum/thread/298112/ancient-arky-needs-help-regarding-cables-and-wires-for-ht-set-up#post_3661683

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks