What's new

Anchor Bay's HIGHLANDER - IMMORTAL EDITION Specs and Details... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The Tin is probably more akin to Akira, where it's hinged

Shop online, I'm sure the tin will be sub-$30

LOL, THX Certified. I've heard that before.
One thing that most people don't understand about THX is that for the most part they supervise the MASTERING, aka the raw laydown of film to tape. If a compressionist screws it up after that, it's not their fault, and the company can still use that label. Highlander used a THX prepared master from the LD, so it gets the THX logo.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm a bit confused about the second disc in the Immortal Edition collector's tin.

It sounds as if it is just a CD - they've described it as a CD - so presumably the video extras like the Queen music videos, must just be VCD format or maybe CD-Rom content? If so, that is lame.

Does anyone understand their press release better than I? What do you think it means? Two DVDs and a CD? One DVD and a CD with music and low res CD video? One DVD with extras and a music-only CD? Whaa...dizzy!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Then depending on how the encode it, the bare bones version might have better quality!

Depends if they kept the film's bitrate exactly the same, with the bare bones having empty space left,

or

if the bare bones fills out the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks