What's new

Anchor Bay WICKER MAN owners, get ready to scream in frustration... (1 Viewer)

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Warner Bros in the UK are set to release a new DVD of THE WICKER MAN in the UK on 25th February 2002, featuring the same extended cut as seen on the recent Anchor Bay disc, the lengthy doco, the same trailers and extras, 16x9 enhancement and 5.1 sound, plus (here's the addition) a brand new commentary track featuring Christopher Lee, Edward Woodward, producer Peter Snell and director Robin Hardy! There's also an easter egg containing a 25 minute interview with Lee - I can't remember if that was on the ABE disc or not.

The commentary track was just recorded a couple of weeks ago, on the 3rd of December. Any folks here going to spring for the repurchase?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
That's frustrating, I'll admit.

I got a killer price on the AB box, and I don't like PAL, so I guess I'll wait for the inevitable US release of this version after AB's rights expire in a few years.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably go for it, especially in light of the disturbing trend of Anchor Bay discs to eat themselves. I love commentaries, and this is one of my faves.
Hopefully they have a somewhat better master than AB had to work with for the extended materials (has any work been done on the M1 lately? ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks