What's new

Anchor Bay - Texas Chainsaw Massacre? (1 Viewer)

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
Anchor Bay....We need your help!

I love the outstanding work you guys have done so far and the commitment to quality with all(or at least most) of your dvd releases. It would be way cool if you could maybe work a deal out with Pioneer and put out the ULTIMATE edition of perhaps the greatest horror movie of all time. As far as extras and features the Pioneer dvd is top-notch, but I know an Anchor Bay version would be superior. Like for starters, a brand new, cleaned up THX-approved Anamorphic transfer. Then, a brand new DD 5.1 and/or DTS re-mixed for home theater soundtrack. Along with the original mono/stereo soundtrack(s) as well. Then just port the commentary and bonus material from the other disc. Don't let this Horror Classic slip away......................

Please, Please, Please

If anyone agrees maybe we should start a petition

Scott W.

Second Unit
I totally agree Ryan. A new cleaned-up version would be supersweet! The pioneer version is OOP (out of print) as of now, but a brand new version would warrant another purchase in my eyes. This movies a total classic.

Scott

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
one of the magic things about this film is the dirty, gritty feel of the way it was filmed...it was filmed on low grade film and the way that it looks today adds to the horror and over-all film I think.....I mean look at it like this...the older VHS versions of The Evil Dead looked bad because of the print, but that adds to the feel of the over all film in my book...also on the new cleaned up version you can see the damm matte moon that now sticks out like a sore thumb and looks so fake...the older VHS you could never tell...but I am all for a new DD 5.1 track

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks