What's new

Anchor Bay sold to unnamed buyer (1 Viewer)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
In announcing the results of the second quarter of fiscal year 2004, The Handleman Company, owners of Anchor Bay Entertainment, have announced a tentative agreement to sell the unit.

As this press release states:
In July 2001, without revealing confidences it became clear that Anchor Bay's parent company The Handleman Company was formulating plans to either sell or shutter Anchor Bay by the end of 2003.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I really hope it's actually William Lustig - Blue Underground seems to be going from strength to strength.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
That would rule if it was Blue Underground, but does it have the cash/investors to make that kind of a purchase?

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I don't know if this is good news, Anchor Bay usually puts out a quality release so hopefully this transaction won't ruin AB.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Would this have any negative effect on DVD releases that Anchor Bay already had planned for 2004? For example the Dawn of the Dead special edition?

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I really hope it's actually William Lustig - Blue Underground seems to be going from strength to strength.
Really unlikely since he states in an interview on of his main reasons for leaving AB was because of its pending sale or closing..

--Ian

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Actually, I was thinking yesterday that it would be cool if it was Lions Gate. Of course the flip side is, there would be less competition among the independants if there was just one big one.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Maybe it will be MGM. Of all the potential buyers, we horror fans could definitely do worse.

-Lyle J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks