Anchor Bay Press Release: Three's Company - Season 6

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    On March 7, IDT Entertainment's Anchor Bay Entertainment will give you three times the laughter and three times the fun with Three’s Company - Season 6. The show that helped shake up “jiggle TV” is back with a loopy mix of outrageous farce and screwy physical comedy. The series, that had an enormously popular run on ABC (1977-84), gets its wild 6th season beautifully packaged into a 4-disc set that contains all 28 episodes, including many fan favorites.

Based on the British series Man of the House, Three’s Company had fun with changing sexual attitudes and mores, and remains a colorful snapshot of the times and a laugh out loud funny TV original. The story of an amorous young chef named Jack Tripper (John Ritter, 3 Simple Rules), who shares a tiny beach side apartment with two very smart and sexy women, Janet (Joyce Dewitt, Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Three’s Company) and Terri (Priscilla Barnes, The Devil’s Rejects), who lead Jack into a wacky barrage of titillating misunderstandings. Along the way the platonic threesome will have to deal with the raised eyebrows of their not-to-hip landlord, Mr. Furley (Don Knotts, Andy Griffith Show), and their swinging bachelor neighbor, Larry (Richard Klien, Inside Schwartz).

Three’s Company - Season 6 contains some of the late John Ritter’s best moments; including the episode “Up in the Air” that remains a virtual showcase for the talented comedic actor’s masterful timing and elastic physical skills. The 6th season also rolls out a wonderfully manic guest appearance by Jeffery Tambor (Arrested Development) as a doctor who seems to be in need of his own medical attention.

Special Features:

The Best of Three’s Company: Hosted by Lucille Ball

Audio Commentary with Director Dave Powers

Laughs Around the World Episode in Polish

Booklet with Detailed Liner Notes

2. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

The fact that the Lucy ep is here is a great relief to worried fans. What would be even better was if the ep of "Life With Lucy" guest-starring John Ritter were somehow included, but that's fantasyland. Maybe a season set of LWL?? Likely, once the studios run out of more popular Lucy stuff to release.

The 3C ep in Polish sounds like the dumbest extra in recent memory. Is anybody actually going to sit through this? (Unless they speak Polish, in which case they'd enjoy it). The rest of us will say "WhatEVah." They seem to be running out of extras but I don't really expect much more from this series; they've had a lot of good interviews in the past. I think they've focused too much on John Ritter's death in those interviews, and they could follow up with what the surviving cast is doing today.

3. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

The extra's sound weak. I'm not sure what the Polish feature is or why it was added. Unless it is like the 'Friends: Around the World' feature on a Friends DVD I doubt I could sit through it.

4. Chris Minogue

Chris Minogue Stunt Coordinator

Why is Janet on the back cover twice? It looks really wierd.

5. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

As TVSoDVD.com mentioned, I also thought it was just a mock-up cover, and would be corrected. Alas, with the set in my hands, I can tell you the actual product is just as depicted. Here is the actual back cover. I'm surprised nobody caught the error. It looks very amateurish -- not to mention it's a shot of Janet from either the first or second season.

6. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

I guess as they are winding down this series, the extras will get thinner & thinner.
    I'm kind of pissed that we haven't heard a peep about the two spin offs; The Ropers & Three's A Crowd.
    It really is a shame because thousands of fans were hoping for it..
    [​IMG]

7. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

^ well, I think AB is waiting for TC to complete before focusing on the spinoffs

8. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

I have emailed them a few times and they currently do not have the rights (or say they do not).
    I can't see why the studio (DLT Entertainment) wouldn't license them, I don't think another DVD company will want them.

9. Kenneth Bova

Kenneth Bova Agent

The two Janets are quite silly, but it's nice to see different artwork under the slip cover unlike Season Five...

10. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

LOL at Twin Janets heehehhee I bought that dvd yesterday and didn't even notice!