1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

ANCHOR BAY PRESS RELEASE: Herculese Season Six

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    THE SERIES CONCLUDES,
    BUT THE ADVENTURES LIVE ON!

HERCULES: THE LEGENDARY JOURNEYS™ - SEASON SIX

Anchor Bay Entertainment and Davis-Anderson Merchandising Present
    The Series Finale Collector’s Edition 5-Disc Set
    Featuring the Final 8 Episodes and Hours of New and Finale-Based Extras

Available July 12, 2005

TROY, MI – He’s fought against overwhelming evil with god-like strength for six seasons. Now, Kevin Sorbo, in his world-renowned role as Hercules, wages his final battles before he and his friend and side-kick Iolaus (Michael Hurst) march off into the sunset. Digitally re-mastered to showcase the series’ sensational sets, costumes and special effects, HERCULES: THE LEGENDARY JOURNEYS™ – SEASON SIX on DVD perfectly preserves one of the most popular action-hero series of all time and completes the Legendary Journeys DVD library in Herculean style. Anchor Bay Entertainment and Davis-Anderson Merchandising Corp. present the HERCULES: THE LEGENDARY JOURNEYS™ – SEASON SIX DVD Collector’s Edition -- THE definitive “finale” set for fans of the mythical hero’s spellbinding adventures!

Featuring all 8 Season Six episodes in awesome Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound, the 5-disc HERCULES: THE LEGENDARY JOURNEYS – SEASON SIX box-set also boasts hours of bonus materials, giving fans a very special behind-the-scenes look at the series finale, including all-new featurettes, interviews and commentaries with the cast and crew. Available July 12, 2005, HERCULES: THE LEGENDARY JOURNEY – SEASON SIX is fit-for-the-gods, but arrives at a down-to-earth, priced-to-own $39.98 SRP. In addition, with the purchase of each box-set, consumers will receive a free collectable Hercules Sword Letter Opener, valued at $20 as part of a national “Gift With Purchase” campaign; www.grabtheadventure.com features complete details.

In Season Six, Hercules faces a final unforgettable round of legendary adventures, fighting crazed Amazons, bloodthirsty vampires, and a feuding Queen Nefertiti before delivering the bittersweet curtain call in the clever, touching and amusing finale, “Full Circle.”

HERCULES: THE LEGENDARY JOURNEYS – SEASON SIX on DVD comes packed with thrilling new bonus materials, including:
    • Audio Commentaries and Interviews with Kevin Sorbo, Michael Hurst, Paul Robert Coyle and Other Cast and Crew Members

• Featurette: “Bringing Monsters To Life At K.N.B 2FX Group – Part 3”
    • Photo Gallery
    • “It’s A Wrap” – Wrap Party
    • Final Episode – “Behind The Scenes”
    • Hercules Original Series Promo
    • Hercules Main Titles – Alternate/Never Used Titles
    • CD-ROM features including:
    o Hercules Chronicles
    o Actor, Director & Writer Bios
    o Series Trivia
    o Mythology

2. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

I have Season 1 and will eventually catch up. I have a question for others who have been buying the season sets. Why is there such a huge price difference between Season 1 and the rest of the series? Season 1 is an eight disc set, but you can buy it at most places for less than $20 (I got mine for 11.99 at DDD). Season 2 thru 6 have price points of around $60 (what you would expect for 5-8 disc sets).

3. John_Shilpetski

In case anyone doesn't know, seasons 1 - 5 are available from the official site (I don't have a high enough post count, but it's Legendary Heroes) for $39.99, and season 6 for $29.99. Same with Highlander, Highlander: The Raven and Xena (all seasons $39.99.)

About the price difference in retail outlets, I really have no idea, but it used to be the same price as the rest, I got mine a while ago for $35, when it was still retailing for $50-$60.

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

My advice is do NOT do NOT do NOT do NOT order from Legendary Heros aka Panzer Davis. They are notorious for badgering people with phone sales pitches forever if you ever order with them. I'm not exaggerating - there was even an NPR "This American Life" radio segment all about them recently, which was hilarious: the segment recounted a story about how one of their operators convinced an eighty year old grandfather who was unfortunate enough to pick up the telephone to buy a hundred dollar Samuri sword (in addition to Hercules they also pitch Highlander DVDs and assorted premiums). They have no absolutely no shame.

They will call you forever, will say anything to you to get you excited about the product (they're just sweat shop-esque phone workers -- ask them if there is going to be a Hercules movie and they'll even tell you all about when it is coming to theatres!), and, to top it off, you have very little chance of having any recourse if you are not satisfied with your purchase - they're pretty much impossible to contact if anything goes wrong, like, for example, being double billed.

They also annoy me in that they don't even know that the name of the Highlander tv show is "Highlander" not "The Highlander" (which is what they always call me about, and it's how they always say it "I'm calling from the sleeze pit of telemarketing hell, and I understand you love The Highlander, don't you sir?" "Go f yourself" "And wouldn't you like to f yourself with a deluxe set of DVDs of The Highlander: The Raven, sir?" Urgh.

5. Brett*H

Brett*H Stunt Coordinator

This is great news and it looks like the Hercules series is going out with a bang! I will finally be able to complete my collection. I really miss this show along with Xena being on tv every week.

I agree about the "Official online store."
    When "Xena season one" was first released we made the mistake of ordering it from there.It was delayed past their release date and it was taking forever to receive it. When we saw the Anchor Bay release coming up we ordered that one.When we called to cancel our order from the "Offical Store" the operator tried to sway us back to their "official" release by trying to convince us that the Anchor Bay version was not a legitimate release and that the official store's version was the only licensed version that was ever going to be available. She also claimed that we were going to be ripped off by any other releases as they were not going to contain the same official material and do not give our cc number to these other merchants and on and on and on.
    We were flooded by phone calls,spam,junk snail mail etc.And we finally had to tell them to stop calling us and bugging us as we were not interested in $700 swords.

We would also recommend staying as far away as possible from this Official Online Store unless you would like to be on every marketing list they own.

6. DwayneH

DwayneH Stunt Coordinator

Do NOT ever buy from these people. They will not replace defective items and will not answer the phone for customer service. If you e-mail them a problem you will never get a response. They also call and try to sell you things. They get mad and hang up the phone when you don't want anything. Avoid this company and buy from someone else.

7. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Yep definately don't buy from the online store. I simply ordered the Xena and Hercules Coin holders and received at least 5 calls from them asking me to buy everything from swords to dvd's. They finally stopped after we joined the do not call list.

8. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Fortunately there's no longer any cause to order from Legendary Heroes. DeepDiscountDVD.com and other retailers should soon be enacting a price drop on Highlander (and Xena and Hercules and Raven). See this thread (click) for details, or just go to DeepDiscountDVD.com