1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Anchor Bay Press Release: 21 Jump Street Season Four

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    The Cops Are Back In Class!

ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS
    21 JUMP STREET SEASON FOUR

All 26 Episodes On DVD November 1st!

$10 Rebate For Consumers That Purchase Any 2 Seasons Will Be Available While Supplies Last;“21 Jump Street Season One” Price Reduced

TROY, MI – Calling all cars! Anchor Bay Entertainment announces the release of the edgy, pioneering drama 21 Jump Street Season Four to DVD on November 1, 2005. The four-disc set will be available with a SRP of $44.98.

Consumers ready to start the new semester of 21 Jump Street Season Four will also enjoy extra lunch money in the form of a $10 rebate via a redeemable coupon inside the DVD package when consumers purchase any 2 seasons of 21 Jump Street. In addition, the SRP of the groundbreaking 21 Jump Street Season One 6-disc DVD set drops to the student-friendly SRP of $29.98.

21 Jump Street was the creation of Stephen J. Cannell (“A-Team”, “Profit”, “Wiseguy”) and Patrick Hasburgh. The series premiered in 1987, and throughout its five year run tackled subject matter as challenging then as it is now. Season Four kept its dramatic grip on viewers, with episodes addressing issues like child abuse, rape, illegal immigration, gangs, designer drugs and police corruption.

21 Jump Street is the headquarters of an elite and unique police squad whose youth enables them to work undercover as high school and college students. They are able to circulate in places and situations where regular officers could not hope to blend in. Johnny Depp returns as Officer Tom Hanson, along with Officers Harry Truman Ioki (Dustin Nguyen), Judy Hoffs (Holly Robinson Peete) and Captain Adam Fuller (Steven Williams). Season Four marked the final appearance of Officer Dennis Booker (Richard Grieco), who resigns from the force in the season’s first episode. But he still has time to do right, freeing Officer Hanson from prison, jailed on false charges at the end of Season Three.

The series was renowned for its impressive list of guest stars and 21 Jump Street Season Four did not disappoint fans, with Thomas Haden Church (Sideways), Mario Van Peebles (Ali), Shannon Doherty (“Charmed”), John Waters (Hairspray, Pink Flamingos), Richard Roundtree (Shaft, Se7en) and Donovan Leitch (Glory, Jack The Bear) making appearances, among others.

21 Jump Street Season Four also wowed audiences with episodes with innovative storytelling as well as subject matter: The celebrated episode ‘Back From The Future’ takes place in the 21st century, where a young cop tries to revive the Jump Street program, interviewing the original squad in the process. (Couldn’t it happen now?) Another installment, the last one Johnny Depp filmed for the series, explores ‘How I Saved The Senator’. Each cop gives their version of the same event, saving a senator from an assassination attempt, with the narrator always the hero, cast in a film from their favorite genre. Johnny Depp appears in a silent movie!

Never afraid to portray the difficulties confronting teens in a complex society, 21 Jump Street Season Four not only delivered thrills, but also provided keen insights into the lives of young adults about to enter a grown-up world.

2. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

Actually, Season One was only 4 discs. You'd think that Anchor Bay would know that. LOL

3. Ravi K

Ravi K Supporting Actor

They make this sound like it was one of the most brilliant shows to air. "Groundbreaking," "renowned," "wowed," "innovative storytelling" [​IMG]

4. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

You mean it wasn't?

When I was a kid (I was 11 when the show premiered on Fox), I loved the show. I was very excited when it finally came out on DVD last year. Sure it's a bit dated now, and a lot of it pure cheese, but it's still fun to watch. I finished watching the 3rd season box set 2 weeks ago. I'm happy that it's a very short wait until Season 4 is released. Hopefully, Season 5 will come early next year and my guilty pleasure known as '21 Jump Street' will be completed. [​IMG]

5. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I agree 100% Rhoq...
    I just recently finished watching Season 3 myself... and enjoy this show as a guilty pleasure... blast from the past... type of fun. I can't wait to get the last 2 seasons! [​IMG]