What's new

Anchor Bay is the best. (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
When it comes to tv shows released on dvd, Anchor Bay in my opinion blows the big studios like Universal, Paramont, etc. out of the water.

Every property they have, usually gets a timely release, and the worry factor is practically nil. I have almost the complete run of 21 Jump Street, Three's Company, and more. Here is a question: Are the titles like Greatest American Hero, Doogie Howser, 3rd Rock From the Sun such great sellers that the rapid releases indicate, or is Anchor Bay not quite as stingy as big studios? You know if Anchor Bay had the rights to Charles in Charge, Hill Street Blues, or Happy days, they would be firing the releases out of a cannon to get them in the hands of consumers. Until all this start/stop or cancellation of titles from the big studios ends, make mine Anchor Bay.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
actually, from what I've heard, Anchor Bay has abandoned Hunter, so even they are not perfect

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
They aren't perfect, but their track record for releasing their properties is fantastic. They deserve all the praise, and recognition they get.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
yes, Hunter notwithstanding, they seem to have more patience for shows that aren't going to have the type of returns that Friends, Seinfeld or The Simpsons get, which is more than you can say for the bigger companies

David Levine

Supporting Actor

It's most likely not either.

Since Anchor Bay licenses the shows they put out, they only have them for a certain amount of time (most likely 5 years), so the goal is to get as much out ASAP to maximize shelf life.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

That's perfect. Now if only the studios like Fox, Universal, and Paramount farm out their unwanted titles, we'll be all set.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Thats why I wish Anchor Bay could secure The Man From U.N.C.L.E. like they almost did instead of letting Warner sit on it only to eventually release a bare bones Season One and then decide it doesn't sell as well as Smallville and then cancel the rest of the seasons and lock them away in the vault.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks