Anchor Bay: HALLOWEEN: DIVIMAX transfer

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Gordon McMurphy, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

It seems that Anchor Bay have seen fit to change the color scheme for the new high-def transfer of HALLOWEEN: http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...oween_25ae.htm

Why? Dean Cundey approved the previous transfer! He must have been wrong, I mean, he only shot the movie - what would he know?

Judging by those screenshot comparisons, the color scheme has been radically altered - deliberately. All they needed to do was look at the previous transfer to see what the color scheme was. Someone as Anchor must have know that Cundey approved the previous transfer and that the new transfer was wrong color-wise.

I'm very disappointed.

Gordy

2. Simon_Lepine

Simon_Lepine Supporting Actor

Was all hyped up about this release, now it's a definitive no sale. [​IMG]

3. Reagan

Reagan Supporting Actor

Reagan
    EDIT: I retract my earlier comments regarding picture quality. I find the picture quality presentation to be far better than I had initially thought. I do wish that the additional "blueing" of scenes had been done to this new transfer as was done with the previous release. It is, however, not a deal-breaker.

BACK TO ORIGINAL POST

I do commend the studio for including both the original mono soundtrack and the newer multichannel DD5.1 mix. Nice touch.

-Reagan

4. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan Screenwriter

Not only will this be a no sale due to the color changes in this transfer, but where is the TV version footage? They are not even presented as supplements. They could have easily been put in via seamless branching. Also, many of the supplements from the Limited Edition are missing.

This release was going to be a no brainer for me. Glad I found out how badly they screwed up before I purchased it.
    I'll hang onto my Limited Edition 2 disc set.

5. TerryW

TerryW Stunt Coordinator

From the May 20, 2003 HTF chat with Michael Felsher:

Q: With the upcoming Halloween re-release will it have both the orginal version and the TV version?

The Halloween re-release will have the theatrical version and the TV scenes will be presented separately on the second disc.

No sale. [​IMG]