What's new

Anchor Bay comes and knocks on our door! THREE'S COMPANY IN 2004! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gord Lacey, owner of TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted a news item from the VSDA show. Anchor Bay has announced there that they have licensed Three's Company from DLT, with a 1st season release in "early 2004".

YES! I am soon to be the owner of this, Battlestar Galactica, and Married...with Children season sets. 3 good reasons I got into the whole TV-on-DVD thing in the first place!

Must...refrain...from...celebratory...naked...danc ing...while...at...work............

James L White

Supporting Actor
:D :emoji_thumbsup:

PS You wouldn't happen to be Uniicorn at DVDfile would ya, it seems like when you post release info here, Unicorn post the same info over there at almost the same time. ;)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Just when I thought I couldn't get enough great news today regarding the "Married... With Children" set, I end up discovering this gem of a post!!! Another one of my favorite shows finally coming to DVD. This is excellent news. These old sitcoms are few and far between on television here in Canada, unless you have digital cable (which I don't). I'll definitely be keeping a watchful eye on this release.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Sounds great. I'll definitely pick this up. I'm not as fond of the original landlord Mr Roper as I am of Mr Furley. I don't know why, but I find Mr Furley so much funnier.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I thought Norman Fell & Audra Lindley (Mr. & Mrs. Roper) were hilarious together. How she always complained because she wasn't getting any. lol. Don Knotts as Furley was alright, but I'd take the Ropers anyday. lol.

According to TVTOME.com and a few other sites, the first season only contained 6 EPISODES. So I'm going to take a shot in the dark by guessing they'll do what Fox did with "Family Guy" (which contained 7 eps in the first season) and release both the 1st and 2nd seasons in one set. If they only release the first season, that'd be a pretty weak set I'm afraid.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Great news...

NOW...if we could get a certain company off their butts about Laverne and Shirley and WB to do US versions of the Wonder Woman series...I would join in your naked dance around the room!

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
The show ran from 1977 til 1984 (when it was spun off into THREE'S A CROWD, after Jack moved in with his girlfriend), so that's 8 seasons.

That's a lot of discs - and double entendres!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Yes! Yes! A thousand times, yes! I wrote DLT a couple weeks ago begging them to put this show out. Little did I know they were negotiating the sale to Anchor Bay. Tell Gord to keep those news items flowing and thanks for the updates, David!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David, since we are all talking about tv shows 90 percent of the time, i wonder if next month , Gord will be giving 1 of his awesome reviews for saved by the bell set ! ;)

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
i hope they make it to Season 6. My wife would kill for an uncut copy of the episode, "Up In The Air" ... the one where Jack drinks "The Rocket." Nick at Nite cut some of the best physical bits. :angry:

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Will this set include the one where the entire episode is based around one character's misunderstanding while eavesdropping?

God I love that one. :)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Matthew, if i remember correctly there are actually quite a few episodes, on that show where there is misunderstandings because of eavesdropping ! lol !:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ha, Ken...thanks for remembering! I wish *I* had been the family member who got to snuggle up to Chrissy and Janet! :D

Tony...I don't know about a SBTB review. Gord was sent some check discs to do reviews for a previous Lion's Gate season release, The Dead Zone. So it's not out of the question. But I have no idea what his reviewing plans are like...that's his business.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David, thanks for the reply buddy ! Ill keep my fingers crossed about a review,hehe !As far as threes company goes, i hope for a commentary with both john ritter and richard klein in character !:D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I forgot to mention that if indeed it is only season 1 for starters , that anchor bay releases, they could easily put it all on 1 disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks