What's new

Anchor Bay Big Red mislabeled (1 Viewer)

Paul Linfesty

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I found this for a good price at KMART ($10.99) and bought it despite the fact that it was labeled as a "full Frame Presentation." But since I knew it was probably open matte instead of pan-and-scan, I went ahead and picked it up. And lo and behold, it was actually a dual-sided disc with BOTH full frame and Widescreen versions on it.

Also, why do the Anchor Bay Disney films eliminate ANY hint of the Disney name on the packaging? Even the reproduction of the original poster inside has no mention of Disney. And the BV distribution logo at the beginning has been blanked out, with only the music playing.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I have The Black Hole and Cat From Outer Space which just say "Copyright Disney Enterprises" on the covers- I didn't notice anything cut out in the movies (I won't buy movies that are cut!) Does this mean "Tex" is also still dual-format? I saw that in a store with a new cover that just said "Full-frame presentation", it had both before.
BTW has anyone noticed that Anchor Bay has GOTTEN RID of pan and scan on their recent releases? They used to include both whenever possible, but their latest titles only have widescreen, even when the discs are single side, single layer. What do they know that the other studios don't? :)

Users who are viewing this thread