What's new

Anchor Bay Announces Highlander Season One! (1 Viewer)

Mark Rapp

Agent
Real Name
Mark
Anchor Bay has a batch of long-awaited box sets sure to please fans. Arriving on 11/5 is Highlander The Series: Season One, an 8-disc set featuring every first season episode, each presented in full frame. Extras include a collectible booklet, interviews with executive producer Bill Panzer, character profiles, outtakes and bloopers, and series promos. Retail is $89.95.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My only problem is it is coming out on 11/5. What is it with that date. Their are already 5 or 6 different tv box sets coming out that day. :eek:
Although, I am glad I waited to get the show. When it originally came out from the Highlander store it was over $110 dollars. Now, with discounts it will be around $60. :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It was supposed to come out in September. I just hope that this will kickstart Season 2 actually being released, supposedly 2 and 3 have been at the authoring house since February

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, maybe I'm stupid, but where can I read this announcement? I can't find it at Anchor Bay's site, nor anywhere else I usually find these things. And AB apparently hasn't decided to grace me with a copy, nor I presume Gord since he hasn't posted a news item about it yet.
All I see is DVDFile's blurb from yesterday, which reads thus: That's nice, but not thorough. Is it EXACTLY the same thing as was previously available online only? Same sound formats (2.0 and 5.1), same box, same everything? Or did they make any changes whatsoever for the retail release? The online set had a "CD-ROM of Season One Scripts: presenting the complete collection of Season One's scripts chronicled in Final Draft form"...is this in the retail set, too? And I don't recall a "collectible booklet" in the online set.
No e-tailer has it listed yet, as far as I can tell, either. Me wanna know more! :D

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Due to the unprecedented success of the DVD version of the first season of the Highlander series, we are planning to follow-up with two more DVD releases. The first is the long-awaited Best of Highlander DVD collection. And soon after, all 22 action-packed episodes of the second season of Highlander the Series will be available on DVD.
No release date yet, but it is coming!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm really enjoying this set, and I love the packaging. Usually I'm a keepcase-only man, but the Highlander case is perfect.
-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks